State of the Union

Here we go, a nice little handy dandy 10 Commandments conversion chart to avoid any other further confusion.

10commandmentsjy6.png

So what was the topic again?

As far as I'm concerned, the 8th Commandment of the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, the Commandment against bearing false witness, which as I pointed out in my first post in this Thread is what I see the President of the United States of America doing in his Speech to the Nation.

Which is also in my opinion a defect shared by many in Washington D.C..

"What every terrorist fears most is human freedom – societies where men and women make their own choices, answer to their own conscience, and live by their hopes instead of their resentments. Free people are not drawn to violent and malignant ideologies – and most will choose a better way when they are given a chance. So we advance our own security interests by helping moderates, reformers, and brave voices for democracy. The great question of our day is whether America will help men and women in the Middle East to build free societies and share in the rights of all humanity. And I say, for the sake of our own security . . . we must."
I really think it's a little simplistic to say that terrorists hate freedom. I can see why they'd hate being poor while their land has the world's most valuable, necessary resource, I can see how they would hate the fact that nearly every government they've lived under has been corrupt and/or a Western puppet, but I can't see why they would hate freedom.

Maybe they hate not having what others so obviously do.

Kicked out eh, thats why Westerns created the states that are their after the fall of the ottoman empire...are you serious...Did we forget that Iraq did not exist until Westerns decided so after WWI....Meh I guess if history doesn't fit your agenda just change it...

Donkey

Are you agreeing with me?

Both you charts show that over the past 2 years Oil has gone up. From about $45 to over $60. Thats a pretty dramtic increase, and it doesnt even show what the price was BEFORE the war started. Which as I said was around $25 a barrel. So now you seem to be agreeing with me (or at least your charts do).

I am not talking about the Iraqis I am talking about the Arabs (Iraqis are Arabs) in General, and The Ottomans were Turks not Arabs. The Arabs lived as slaves to the Turks. Go watch Laurence of Arabia if you dont believe me.

Would you like me list me the wars the West has lost when they tried to occupy the Middle East?

The ones who came the closest were the Romans, and even under military occupation their were revolts all the time. After that it goes down hill from there. All The Crusades, the British occupation of both Iraq and Afganistan, the French in Algeria, Napoleon in Egypt, the Mongols.

They all had two things in common. They all came to occupy the Arabs and they all got their arse kicked.

You think the president would have thought of this before repeating the same errors of the past.

He STILL hasnt figured it out.

Last edited:
mmarsh....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Oil_Prices_1861_2006.jpg

This shows the whole picture and how oil has been more expensive twice in history before...Plus the problem with oil is it is only based on PROVEN reserves that is like saying we know exactly how much magma is in the earth....

The price of oil is also based a lot on a "fear" factor thanks to it being a traded commodity, in other words people can make the price of oil outrageously expensive for no reason what so ever and blame it on whatever they want....

Finally this war had NOTHING to do with oil, even major oil tycoons will agree with that and have stated such....People get the idea thanks to the wonderful yet self destructive invention known as the television....

Furthermore GW isn't the only hombre in the political game to have dealings with the oil industry, just about everyone of them from all parties has stock or relations to something in the oil industry....It is one of the most used industries in the world after all.....

That is what I am saying....

Damn straight he isnt the only man with oily fingers... ffs Al Gore, Mr. Oh-my-gawd-global-warming-is-killing-us-run-for-the-hills... anybody know where he and his family got their money and STILL get their money from?? Anybody??? A god damned open pit coal mine. HYPO:cen:INGCRIT. They, politicians regardless of political or religious affiliation, are all dirty slimy lying cheating sacks of fermented donkey manure who dont give a good god damn about helping anyone or anything other than themselves and their careers. FULL STOP.

The last good man was Andy Jacobs Jr. For fifteen terms this man refused all the congressional pay raises. He took a salary of 50K a year, commensurate with a mid-level lawyer's salary in his hometown, and the rest of the money was used for scholarships. He had a congressional staff of TWO people. He paid for his own plane tickets to and from Washington. When in Washington he slept on the couch in his office and the only congressional perks he took advantage of were the gym and the cafeteria in the capitol building. Virtue in politics died with his retirement.

Last edited:
Bulldogg

You missed one ceveat. Gore is against traditional Coal fired power plants thats true, but he actively supports (and says so in Inconvient truth) "Clean Coal". Clean Coal is Coal that has been treated by chemicals to remove impurities and the results is a zero-emission free burn. Both Bush and Hillary support the use of Clean Coal.

Clean Coal doesn't solve the problem of extracting the coal (which also produces CO2) but at least its a start. So its not quite as hypocritical as you might think.

Watering down a poison does not make it no longer a poison. Its a case of political doublespeak. Trying to please Greens and big business in the same sentence... Clean Coal, whatever, how about Gentle Rape or hmmm Non-violent Homicide its about as specious as the first oxymoron. I am resigned to the fact that society has become soft and lazy and would never give up their creature comforts no matter how much it is killing them through cancer and poisoning of the environment. What I will not abide is the bloody hypocrisy of it all and yes it is still god damned hypocritical, a lie is a lie is a lie you can try to justify or dilute it as much as you want but in the end it is still a damn lie. Shades of grey in moral issues are the domain and defining characteristic for those with no virtue and their prevalence in the ranks of the politicians is most instructive.

"I must live with my truth whether you like it or not." - negro spiritual

Bulldogg

You missed one ceveat. Gore is against traditional Coal fired power plants thats true, but he actively supports (and says so in Inconvient truth) "Clean Coal". Clean Coal is Coal that has been treated by chemicals to remove impurities and the results is a zero-emission free burn. Both Bush and Hillary support the use of Clean Coal.

Clean Coal doesn't solve the problem of extracting the coal (which also produces CO2) but at least its a start. So its not quite as hypocritical as you might think.

I think you are talking about Coal Gasification, actually ;)
http://www.fe.doe.gov/programs/powersystems/gasification/index.html

Here read USA Todays look on Gores hypocrisy http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2006-08-09-gore-green_x.htm

Last edited:
Back