Somali Air Force 1954-1958 Rare Pictures !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KJ please dont tell me about Somalia. There is much larger external influence in Somalia than ever before in the last 3 years Somalia has seen increase in funding of arms to different factions around the country. Somalia is not to blame only who manufactures the weapons? who funds the war ?

If Somalia is soo called poor and people dont have nothing to eat an AK47 is much cheaper at local markets than food. There are foreign elements that keep dragging this war into its 20th year soon. Nobody could stand up since the foreign elements are going to assassinate anybody who thinks differently and keeps the warlords occupied with money and weapons.

What a shock, Somalia is not to blame..But everybody else up to and including the girlscouts..
AK,s are cheaper then food, good stuff. Buy one and kill yourself a warlord.

About Iran, Somali-Iran relations were good we used to have friendly relationship thats all not more than that. Why should we see the world from American perspective? We see the world from Somalias perspective we need every support we could get. Dont be onesided than your not fit for discussion. There many countries supporting Iran like Brazil Venezuela Bolivia Russia. Many more including worlds new superpower China. All these countries support their nuclear ambitions which are peacefull at this stage. This does not mean that Somalia is either going to help or support we have not the ability to do so.

I am not saying Somalia do not have support.
I am saying you are not getting weapons from anywhere but perhaps Iran.

Remmember US is the only country in the world that used a two nuclear bombs so when did they become sweethearts?
How could you talk about someone else Nuclear ambitions if you yourself have thrown it on nagasaki and hiroshima in 1945 killing 220.000 CIVILIANS !!

(I have not used a single nuclear device)

KJ i will tell you this first learn about who you are defending unwillingly and stop being one sided stop seeing the world from prespective of manipulated Media. Discover and research about past present. stop also being such an ass on my forum. I am not here to be dragged into politics im here to talk about military stuff. Oh yeah and remmember youre not expert on Somalia so listen and learn.

Oh so sorry about being an ass on YOUR forum.
I very rarely base my opinions on media reports. Not channel four, nor Al Hadjizeera.
I will now ask you a THIRD time. DO YOU CURRENTLY LIVE IN SOMALIA?
Since you claim to be an expert on Somalia I want to know your info is current.
Have pretty nice day :cheers:
The reason we are discussing this is:
Modern weapons can´t be sent to a nation that will use them to assist pirates against UN navies.
Nodern weapons can´t be sent to a nation that can´t guarantee end user.
THAT is why this ever came up.

Have a nice day.

KJ do you ever bother reading my other messages on this forum i stated clearly that there is not going to be send any of the kit i previously mentioned until there is some law and order on the ground in Somalia. There is not such thing as UN navies. The United Nations is nothing nada its just a place for business it does not solve anything and it failed many times and soo badly that it turned into genocide.

Examples

Rwanda 1994 (Genocide)
Screbrencia 1995 (Genocide)

The situation on the ground is FIRSTLY created by Somalis themselves BUT there has been support to let it stay lawless by FOREIGN ELEMENTS. we do not produce those AK rifles so there is foreign elements there you go an easy example. The first AK-47s used in the 1990s were from Poland than under lisence made AKs came from Yemen every year flooding in Somalia. So we get weapons from more countries than you think. Iran is not giving us nothing with this status on the ground in Somalia. No other country is going to do so unless it does not want peace in Somalia.

I did not say you have the Atomic bomb lol i just was referring that America is not the good guy either that it should not talk while they threw the first atomic bombs.

Yes i do live in Somalia but i live in little village there is some stability we have some internet connection schools in other words its relatively safe here.

Where you from KJ ?

Gunships and modern weapons for Somalia? Thats some funny stuff right there!

First they'd have to find the money to pay up front. Then they'd have to find a qualified individual to operate said equipment. That would be a challenge sifting thru the khat chewing AK toting mooreyan to find someone that could operate anything more high tech than an AK or RPG...I know their mortar instruction course is laughable. flying an Apache? Thats good. LMFAO.

We had once an air force and we knew how to use it and we eated our khat :-o but right now there is no way Somalia could get anything there is not even single airport which could be called safe. Money to get it or to find people is not issue its PEACE we cant find PEACE so until that is achieved its impossible to undertake such actions.

KJ You in the other hand have made personal attacks against others, resorted to name calling like a child such as "Somalia is a shithole" "Iran is a rathole" "Somalia is a waste of a Sand" and other remarks as "we should nuke Somalia"
KJ did you receive a diploma in personal attacks? Because it seems like every time I read your posts you have some sort of belligerent attitude and I must say its quite distasteful... Its one thing to intellectually debate but to often resort to either personal attacks or attacks against one's nation illustrates a faliure to intelligently grasp the art of debating intellectually and comprehensivelly to get your point across without belligerence.
I have read previous threads from UnitedSomalia. These remarks are unacceptable its not to be tolerated my friend you dont talk about my country like that. Thats why you were negative to all my threads. Childish !!
I am friendly to all nations on earth after all we are humans.
I dont know i think you have something against Somalis:bang:

Ohhh there is an airport in Mogadishu I've seen the remains of the Somali AF piled up in the perimeter there. The airport is semi-functional for tactical aircraft as an emergency field but with rotary wing that wouldn't matter.

As far as KJ...I second his opinion ....Somalia is a worthless crap hole with no redeeming values and is a thorn in the side of the civilized world.

How could you call Somalia crap while the whole damnn world is there stealing Tuna Fish getting oil out of the ground from offshore oil rigs abducting Somali Citizens from Sea and placing them into foreign jails. At least those countries steal something profitable i could understand why.

The United States comes into Somalia and steals nothing else but old Somali Air Force aircrafts you steal our crap its purely crap nothing else than that. So re-evaluate who is crap in this situation :neutral: hmmm you decide. The photos you have seen are made by US marines stationed at Mogadishu airport 1993 none of these aircraft are today there all them are stolen by the US.

To add to your humilitation Delta Force Elite soldiers are dragged through the streets. So called Black Hawk Helicopter with latest technologies are shot down.To add more humilitation they were teenage militias that killed them. Somalia has been one of your most humiliating operation since Vietnam. This has been just one city Mogadishu so if you would fight in whole Somalia the casualties would be very high.

So if we are crap what the hell is the world doing in our waters and why is there special Command centre created just for Somalia (CJTF-HOA) which does not even have stable goverment believe me we are dangerous thats why.

Anyways guys you just watch photos this is not MAGAZINE this is something you have to have some knowledge about, Consider your assess REPORTED

Regardless of the resources that Somalia may or may not hold, until Somalia gets over his 3rd Century Jack Assery and Douchebaggery of clans and warlords it is a lost freakin cause. Any country that would sell the assclowns in Skinnyland any modern weaponery would gain the accolade of exalted douchebag of the year,perhaps century.

No country is willing to put troops on the ground and would be stupid to do so. WE HAVE SEEN HOW SOMALIA APPERICIATES HELP

As far as your great victory. Native Americans with bows and obsolete firearms did much more damage against an encircled force than your heros armed with modern firearms did against the Rangers. You inflicted some casualties but the main force broke out....after being pinned down. great tactics on your part...guess you could blame that on khat crash huh?

Stop piping Delta. The majority of SOD-D came out they took casualties but you didn't wipe them out. they walked and rode out of the Black Sea after they accomplished their mission as did they Rangers, 10th Mountain, Malays and Paki,s. You couldn't even wipe out an encircled force...you suck!

You did not drag Delta operators thru the streets....you drug the bodies of helicopter crewmen of the 160 SOAR in the street..a support arm. And if you take pride in that piss on you you POS They were better men than you.

The only damn reason that the skinny bastards didn't suck each others farts is due to politics. you oughta pray to Bill Clinton every damn night, he kept a round outta yer noodle.

Last edited:
Regardless of the resources that Somalia may or may not hold, until Somalia gets over his 3rd Century Jack Assery and Douchebaggery of clans and warlords it is a lost freakin cause. Any country that would sell the assclowns in Skinnyland any modern weaponery would gain the accolade of exalted douchebag of the year,perhaps century.

No country is willing to put troops on the ground and would be stupid to do so. WE HAVE SEEN HOW SOMALIA APPERICIATES HELP

Ok I guess I am bored but it is a discussion board so someone has to play devils advocate...

1) How do bring order to an area without the means to do it, now I have no doubt that the nation is awash with rusty AK's and RPGs but that just increases the problem of letting unstable people loose with guns.

2) Would it not be a better option pick a warlord give him a list of conditions, arm him to the teeth and let him loose if the conditions are not met hang him out to dry and find a replacement?

Monty #2 was tried in 92 with Fara Adid. It worked well until food was distributed outside his clan.Thats when the UN started getting hit and it brought about Gothic Serpent. They are so locked into the clans that they are farked.

Best bet leave em stew in thier juices. if they get outside their zone..light em up. not worth saving or helping...it's been tried.

Best bet leave em stew in thier juices. if they get outside their zone..light em up. not worth saving or helping...it's been tried.
I can't find fault in that. If they won't try to help their own countrymen outside their clan, I think they deserve what they get.

Monty #2 was tried in 92 with Fara Adid. It worked well until food was distributed outside his clan.Thats when the UN started getting hit and it brought about Gothic Serpent. They are so locked into the clans that they are farked.

Hey I have been at the forefront of the nukem and move on crowd hell I am sick of the drain on resources the entire middle east has become but I am also of the opinion that if they can be "assisted" in achieving some level of stability with no risk to our own people then why not.

As I said find a "clan" that is willing to swap power for stability, arm them to the teeth and leave them to it and if they back out of the deal pay his number 2, 3, 4, 5...1001 to replace him until one of them figures it out.

How could you judge other countries while the Americans are attacking every country in the world like the Romans did in 3rd Century. Somalia is not in the 3rd Century you guys are could you please do research America did not exist Somalia did we at least had 3rd Century as cushtic people of Eastern Africa. We were fighting to get an little empire you guys didnt exist oh yeah you stole the land from the Native Americans where are they now ? Massacre all them killed for fun. The so called Allies of now did not even recognized you as country in 1700s so please dont do like America is something. You are of European descent most likely.

No they dont want to be involved they seen the American sample good you at least admit it. Help !! you stole our aircrafts and raped litte kids not even girls BOYS. Help means getting banged by gay soldiers. Dont worry humilitation would always be remmembered guess what the UH-60 Blackhawk costs about 14 Million little kids play with that piece of crap. I dont think that there is an play ground in America which costs 14 million. Thanks for the play ground.:bravo:

As far as your great victory. Native Americans with bows and obsolete firearms did much more damage against an encircled force than your heros armed with modern firearms did against the Rangers. You inflicted some casualties but the main force broke out....after being pinned down. great tactics on your part...guess you could blame that on khat crash huh?

Naah i dont blame them what do you expect from normal civilians who didnt study Military strategies or never been in the army and yet they gave you bloody nose. But what could you or i do about it happend its HISTORY get over it.

Stop piping Delta. The majority of SOD-D came out they took casualties but you didn't wipe them out. they walked and rode out of the Black Sea after they accomplished their mission as did they Rangers, 10th Mountain, Malays and Paki,s. You couldn't even wipe out an encircled force...you suck!

You always hear that casuality of US is 18 in Mogadishu. They never added the Delta Force soldier so it comes to 19 He was killed by Mortar attack. We are not Iraq whereby you were welcomed and shot every civilian by contractors. Btw Pakis helped you escape. So dont be too happy you guys made fools out of yourself superpower gets beaten by kids on the block. :drunkb:

US 19 KIA, 84 Wounded 1 Captured
Malaysia 1 KIA 7 wounded
Pakistan 24 KIA 5 Wounded

You did not drag Delta operators thru the streets....you drug the bodies of helicopter crewmen of the 160 SOAR in the street..a support arm. And if you take pride in that piss on you you POS They were better men than you.

I dont Condemn that action it was good to show the world that we are not to be messed with. We did not attack anyone We did not ask anyone help, If you soo keen in helping why didnt you help Rwanda 1994. There is was GENOCIDE So its all interest you came for.

The only damn reason that the skinny bastards didn't suck each others farts is due to politics. you oughta pray to Bill Clinton every damn night, he kept a round outta yer noodle.

I have nothing against Bill Clinton or Americans its just i want to tell you the facts you are missing out on. He was better than any of the leaders past 8 years.

Monty B i dont blame you the entire Middle East is in Turmoil but who are the troublemakers? Somalia is not in the Middle East Region maybe we are close but we are part of East Africa. We have nothing to with Middle East.

You cant do that tactic that tactic is old it was applied in the 1990s to get one side to be the strongest but it failed miserably. Different Factions inside Somalia get funded by different countries there is an Proxy War going on. But you could fund the stable and peacefull clans they might alliance together and fight against the warlords.

There is somewhat good solution in your answer Monty B the only normal thread i have seen the others mostly are immature and not fit for discussion. They just attack you. I wonder how these low IQ douchebags ever ended up here or even understood why they here.

1.) If you think the Blackhawk is such a piece of crap, why did you include 12 of them in your little gift list up there?

2.) Saying you don't condemn those who committed war crimes in the streets of Mogadishu is not a good way to remain on this site.

3.) You really think we "stole" your Air Force? What possible reason could we have for wanting a bunch of ancient MiGs and some helicopters?

4.) Who are the "stable and peaceful" clans in Somalia, and why can't they fund themselves?

1.) If you think the Blackhawk is such a piece of crap, why did you include 12 of them in your little gift list up there?

Commander i doubt your rank really. do you actually really use your brains offcoarse your nothing going to list just single type of helicopter you try to make you inventory as diverse as possible so that if you dont get that one you could always fall back to another and if you get all them that would be great. As symbol to be placed in Mogadishu

2.) Saying you don't condemn those who committed war crimes in the streets of Mogadishu is not a good way to remain on this site.

War crimes wow thats exaggeration. Buddy i am civil im taking part in civiliazed discussion some douchebags cant get enough of annoying people. America commited Abu Garaib Scandal so please do extensive research before you talk about War crimes. America is not a member of International Criminal court in the hague guess what they cant be held responisble for what they do in other countries. Neutral countries could talk about war crimes like Somalia we havent commited war crime. I could see where you are coming from remmember these militia man never served in Military.

3.) You really think we "stole" your Air Force? What possible reason could we have for wanting a bunch of ancient MiGs and some helicopters?

First you guys stole few ancient MIGS and helicopters and now you want me to tell you what happend to them could this get any worser ? Use your imagination they cant fly they wont be put into an museum so they are likely to be used for training purposes by Air Force in Nevada desert. They are going to bomb those things use for ground gunnery training. Use them for testing experiements.

4.) Who are the "stable and peaceful" clans in Somalia, and why can't they fund themselves?

How could do they fund themselves while they cant reach a market to sell their goods? Because they dont have effective goverment. The peacefull clans mostly are in the Northern Region part of the south. Most of the war is Mogadishu and Southern port of Kismayo. The rest of the country is relatively peaceful.

Commander i doubt your rank really. do you actually really use your brains offcoarse your nothing going to list just single type of helicopter you try to make you inventory as diverse as possible so that if you dont get that one you could always fall back to another and if you get all them that would be great. As symbol to be placed in Mogadishu

For the record, I'm a midshipman, not a commander. Anyway, you're not trying to be diverse: the Blackhawk is the only medium-lift helo you picked. Besides, diversity is an insane idea with military hardware. You want to buy the most you can afford of the best machines you can find. Buying several of each makes maintenance and training far more complicated than it would already be.

War crimes wow thats exaggeration. Buddy i am civil im taking part in civiliazed discussion some douchebags cant get enough of annoying people. America commited Abu Garaib Scandal so please do extensive research before you talk about War crimes. America is not a member of International Criminal court in the hague guess what they cant be held responisble for what they do in other countries. Neutral countries could talk about war crimes like Somalia we havent commited war crime. I could see where you are coming from remmember these militia man never served in Military.

For starts, the very fact that those "militia" (and I use that term loosely) fighters were not in any organized military unit is a war crime in and of itself. Further, their actions were inexcusable. You can kill the enemy all you want, but when you cross the line into desecrating corpses on international TV, that is a war crime.

First you guys stole few ancient MIGS and helicopters and now you want me to tell you what happend to them could this get any worser ? Use your imagination they cant fly they wont be put into an museum so they are likely to be used for training purposes by Air Force in Nevada desert. They are going to bomb those things use for ground gunnery training. Use them for testing experiements.

We don't need your old, nasty MiG-21s to do testing on...the fact is that they're currently rotting at the Mogadishu airport. We have plenty of MiGs for testing and museums from our allies who were former Eastern Bloc nations. Ground gunnery training does not require actual aircraft; that would be ridiculous and expensive.

This is what happened to your Air Force:
3211075485_31ea6f0bc3.jpg

How could do they fund themselves while they cant reach a market to sell their goods? Because they dont have effective goverment. The peacefull clans mostly are in the Northern Region part of the south. Most of the war is Mogadishu and Southern port of Kismayo. The rest of the country is relatively peaceful.

They could start by using their stability to create an effective government for just their clan. Then, petition internationally to make their clan a sovereign state. It won't be Somalia anymore, but, on the other hand, Somalia hasn't really existed for almost 20 years now.

You cant do that tactic that tactic is old it was applied in the 1990s to get one side to be the strongest but it failed miserably. Different Factions inside Somalia get funded by different countries there is an Proxy War going on. But you could fund the stable and peacefull clans they might alliance together and fight against the warlords.

Well I guess Afghanistan had the Northern Alliance who were capable of being dealt with politically and had enough muscle to be able carry out actions given the materials to do them, does Somalia have any groups that fall into this category?

You have to understand the somewhat negative attitude the outside world has to the place given that there have been attempts in the past to help that have fallen apart due to the lack of commitment and outright hostility from the locals, in the end it is your country if you cannot be bothered fixing it or helping those that are trying to fix it then why should we continue to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back