Are the soldiers paid in your Army?

--

October 29th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Topic: Are the soldiers paid in your Army?

Paid as salary or pocket money?

Thanks.
October 29th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Depends. Conscripts(which is what all soldiers start as) are paid pocket money. Officers and NCOs who choose to continue their service past the standat 3 years are paid a salary, although not a high one...
October 29th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

SHERMAN can you supply a bit more detailed amount of the pay in Israel for conscripts and all that in US Army?

I know in China the conscripts got only a couple of US dollars per month the Officiers got some 300-1000 USD (depends on the ranks) per month.
(for the officials they almost all got free housing for the families too, and many other benefits).
--
October 29th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Hmmm, Id ay the avrage conscript gets probably somewhare between 77 to 155 USD a month. But you need to realize these people are 18-21, still live at their parents home, and the IDF givest free food, quarters, medical treatment, and transportation. They also get discounts on many things.
October 29th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

That's right they only need some pocket money.

Last month I saw a BBC documentary about Chinese PLA conscripts at age 17, the TV Crew followed their training for some half year, turning the street kids into awesome soldiers.

Well back to topic.
October 29th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
the TV screw
Now, thats an inrestig froydian slip...
October 30th, 2004  
larsrq

In Sweden the soldiers are conscripts and paid pocket money. The amount depends on the number of days they have been in service. The officers are paid an ordinary monthly salary that can be compared with other goverment work in Sweden. When I left as a captain I had about 2500 $ monthly before tax. That was almost 6 years ago.
October 30th, 2004  
Hegario

Conscripts get 50 euros per two weeks, although it depends on time served. That sum was measured by adding the sum of a cigarette pack and a coffee cup per each day, although it hasn't been checked for inflation lately. The regular staff salary varies with rank and they get a huge salary increase for example from days training in the field. All in all, I'd say staff is paid pretty well and the retirement age is way less than in the civilian field.
October 30th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Topic: Re: Are the soldiers paid in your Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Paid as salary or pocket money?

Thanks.
All the US servicemen and women are paid a "salary", not large, but still a salary by month. Sleeping quarters and meals are provided, if you are married you can get extra support to live with your family, again not much. Al this can be found on Military.com.
October 30th, 2004  
Trevor

Reserves NCMs I know are paid by hourly wage, reg force and reserve officers i believe are paid by salary.