Sniping Bicycles

--

May 28th, 2004  
goaliedude66630

Im not a sniper but i have read a book about a sniper in Veitnam and if there are any snipers, in the book he says that he shoot a bike and broke the bottom bar on it from 1 1/2 miles away is that realistic and has anyone done something like that
May 28th, 2004  
AFSteliga

If I'm right, a few years back a Canadian sniper made a 2.4Km shot in Afghanistan with a .50 Sniper Rifle. Now, 2.4Km is about 1.5 miles, so...yeah. People have made shots from extreme distances before.
May 28th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliedude66630
Im not a sniper but i have read a book about a sniper in Veitnam and if there are any snipers, in the book he says that he shoot a bike and broke the bottom bar on it from 1 1/2 miles away is that realistic and has anyone done something like that

goalie, they came out with this new invention called a "period." It's pretty cool.

As far as your question goes, to say whether it is a feasable shot or not, you'd have to provide just a touch more information (i.e. what weapon was used, was he aiming at the frame, etc.).
--
May 28th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Id have to agree with redneck. details are terribly important. I mean, you can snipe at a person with a rocket launched missle.

now look guys! sniping isnt just for riflemen anymore!
May 28th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
Id have to agree with redneck.
It's hard not to.
May 29th, 2004  
goaliedude66630

Well Mr. Redneck I run into you allot....... Like the periods!!!! Last I check snipers didnít carry around anything besides a sniper rifle. Shot at the frame yes bottom part really. 50 ca. is what I believe he said. I donít have the book anymore my grandpa took it went he went down to Florida. But anyway as for rocket launcher man. Find me a sniper that carrys one and then we can she if he can hit a target 1.5 miles away.
May 29th, 2004  
goaliedude66630

Well i would like to thanks Mr. NCdt Steliga for understanding and not being an teacher like Mr. Redneck is!!!!
May 29th, 2004  
Mark Conley

goal...we all know that a sniper wouldnt carry a rocket launcher. That was just having a good time.

However, now if i had a davy crocket ground to ground missile...well the windage wouldnt matter!
May 29th, 2004  
goaliedude66630

Very true MR. Mark. Im sorry but i was just alittle mad at Mr. Redneck he always picks on me. I know that i need it most of the time but he could have been a little nicer. I don't know what kind of missile!! But i got the point!
May 29th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Its a very bad joke im afraid...the davy crocket was a 1.5 kiloton battlefied missle..one of the smallest made. It kind of took everything for like a 1000 meters around the impact area.

Soldier on!