SIR - Page 3

--

December 16th, 2004  
03USMC

Your right Top. Problem was it seemed like I was always gettin in line behind myself for the first couple years

Guy your worrying way too much. Get thru boot. Get thru your school. Get to your unit and do your job.
December 16th, 2004  
DTop

Oh no don't you dare even think about getting your buddy into trouble. The whole point is to learn to act as a team and lookout for each other. Never ever do anything to make your team look bad because the cadre will root you out like festering ingrown hair. Your team is your life, learn it know it, and never forget it.
December 16th, 2004  
implicature

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
Oh no don't you dare even think about getting your buddy into trouble. The whole point is to learn to act as a team and lookout for each other. Never ever do anything to make your team look bad because the cadre will root you out like festering ingrown hair. Your team is your life, learn it know it, and never forget it.
Many thanks... I consider this to be VALUABLE information
--
December 16th, 2004  
DTop

Don't worry, your buddy will get himself into enough trouble all by his lonesome. When it does happen you can just picture this post in your mind and smile (on the inside).
December 17th, 2004  
Chemo66

Its becoming more and more a purple world (Joint) guys...I recommend you learn the rank and protocol for the other services as well. Hard to believe, but there are service men and women of every service and literally every rank walking the halls of the Pentagon.
December 17th, 2004  
DTop

Too late for me Chemo. They never let me anywhere near the Pentagon
December 17th, 2004  
implicature

Okay so in the same lines as the SIR...
With the US allies and everyone that is in Iraq all the different nations, do you salute and say sir to officers and NCO's outside your countries branches? I know that you do in the different branches within the US and i would imagine you would for the other countries.
December 17th, 2004  
Anya1982

ok i was walking on my base a few years ago and had an american officer walk past me, now he wasn't wearing head gear therefore we don't salute but he threw a wobbley that we didn't................is this usual?

and why do you have to say sir yes sir after every word? or is it just sentence?

american military has some strange things going on there..............i'd defo be counted as a blonde with acting dumb if i was there!!!

straight over my swad like a plane
December 17th, 2004  
03USMC

In recruit training you'll learn the rank for all the Armed Forces. However you abide by Naval Service Protocols when dealing with members of any service.

When you deploy you will be given a brief concerning rank recognition etc.
December 17th, 2004  
implicature

along those same lines - do you salute enemy officers?

kind a stupid question i know you don't in battle cause he would shoot you but like in meetings to the officers show their respect in another fashion or is it just understood "you don't like me and i dang sure don't like you"?