Single digit approval rating

well gas would have gone up regardless of who was in power.

I find it interesting that congress' approval rating is that low yet those old school incumbents continue to get reelected. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

Oddly enough I suspect the ratings are more an indication of general political disillusionment than a dislike of any specific party or grouping hence the incumbents continue to be re-elected.

I agree with the first two, and unfortunately Monty B even though I really want to disagree I don't feel I would be exercising integrity if I said that your post was inaccurate, at least for some.

I agree with the first two, and unfortunately Monty B even though I really want to disagree I don't feel I would be exercising integrity if I said that your post was inaccurate, at least for some.

What ever the debate, there are always some exceptions, just as there are always some people who for reasons of their own refuse to acknowledge the truth of the matter.

I feel that Politicians, like Lawyers are a necessary, self serving evil, only made worse by party politics. The very nature of politics gives it the greatest appeal to those least qualified to serve the people and/or their country.

Or the truth they acknowledge is the truth as they see it.
After all their are always three sides to every story, your side, the other side and the truth, which is usually somewhere in the middle.

Eventually, unless they know of the truth and have been sandbagging to make the rest of us look foolish.

Wouldn't matter as the truth would still always be in the middle and we would only be able to pivot around it.

I used to use the same argument until it was explained as an impossible scenario.

That would require you to believe whomever explained differently, I have yet to be convinced otherwise.

However, back on target, Thank God we are finally going to start drilling here and now.
Hahahahaha, wrong thread. OK, Dems low approval rating, hate to say "told ya so."

Last edited:
Or the truth they acknowledge is the truth as they see it.
After all their are always three sides to every story, your side, the other side and the truth, which is usually somewhere in the middle.
Precisely,... for the most part, they see it from their own (selfish) points of view, whereas they are being paid to see it from the point of view of their constituents.

Wouldn't matter as the truth would still always be in the middle and we would only be able to pivot around it.

I used to use the same argument until it was explained as an impossible scenario.

Politicians are the supreme grand masters of pivoting around the truth. there's no doubt about that.

I don't think it's so much about the Democrats or Republicans this time, as it is the government in general. A lot of my friends and folks my age in my college are sick and tired of the two party system, and wouldn't vote for either candidate. Lots of libertarianism, especially in poorer neighborhoods.

That's just what I see on a day-to-day basis.

Liability, just keep in mind, fellow college kids usually don't have much life experience other than school, and schools in this country tend to be full of liberal professors so I would highly recommend not paying them much mind. Find out for yourself. Whether you want to or not, you will in time.

The conservative professors are out there though.
But yeah, colleges are usually liberal institutions. Largely because they are detached from the real world.

It's a community college where a lot of the kids are just getting their GEDs so I wouldn't exactly call it a bastion of liberalism. :)

New thought, thrown into an old thread because I don't think it's worthy of a new thread and this one isn't too far gone:

Everyone keeps talking that the current Congress is the worst ever. I thnk not.

The worst Congress ever is the one that started The War of 1812. The ones who came up with the brilliant idea to have a tiny fledgeling nation attack the most powerful country on Earth, with abosolutely no international support or alliance. (Before you compare this to Georgia and Russia, note that Georgia supposedly had allies and that Russia is FAR from the most powerful country out there.)

I'd say THAT was the worst congess ever...

Back