Should Russia return the occupied 4 islands of Japan? - Page 4




 
--
 
September 25th, 2004  
Delta210
 
Agreed. Back on topic.
September 25th, 2004  
godofthunder9010
 
 
Feel free to start a topic on that of course. Just be diplomatic about it and everybody is okay.
September 27th, 2004  
Boobies
 
 

Topic: To..


Godofthunder and Delta, just admit the current rule in China and help to modernize. What is the point of trying to seperate China again. It just create more wars and death.

Would United States give the land bak to the native Indians and give California back to the mexicans? No...and I don't support that neither.
--
September 28th, 2004  
Peanutcat
 

Topic: Re: To..


Good say, Boobies

Almost everyone knows the dirty history, yours, his, mine,
is everyone now thinking of a clean future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
Godofthunder and Delta, just admit the current rule in China and help to modernize. What is the point of trying to seperate China again. It just create more wars and death.

Would United States give the land bak to the native Indians and give California back to the mexicans? No...and I don't support that neither.
September 28th, 2004  
godofthunder9010
 
 
I mostly have a problem with the "undeniable fact" that Tibet has always been part of China and that propaganda BS. If you have the clarity of view to say that it was its own independent nation in the past, then you demonstrate an open mind.

I don't know about Tibet, but I can guarantee that if the US gave ANY state back to Mexico, I can guarantee that the citizens would be absolutely against such a move. If they were put under Mexican rule anyway, there would be a bloody revolt.
September 28th, 2004  
A Can of Man
 
 
Personally I don't think China will go to grab eastern Russia. If China tried, it'd face a war against Russia, the USA, Japan and Korea. That is a war China will lose.
However, I do think China will become stronger than Russia pretty soon and I think they probably are already.
Japan is a country re-recognizing its tough, warrior heritage after decades of mostly ignoring it. I think the Japanese Prime Minister is trying to please the growing numbers of hard liners and conservatives in his country.
Russia should cede these Islands though, treaty or no treaty. I mean I know legally Russia can own it but I think just giving them back to Japan will bring much stability to a volitle region.
It's not really appeasement as Japan's not a military threat to anyone right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
I think following:

Although Chinese have big problem with japanese at this moment and maybe in coming 50 years, but I think it is well possible:

Suppose China in 2050 is super super strong, 10 times stronger than Russia, and China goes to occupy whole East Russia, then japan will get the change again to get back these islands.
Well the New Territories were to be returned anyway because it was leased for 100 years from China and there was a contract about it.
As for the rest of Hong Kong, I think the UK really did realize that Empire Building was a thing of the past. Personally I don't think China would have driven into Hong Kong with tanks.
The idea of the UK giving Hong Kong up to China when the 100 years were up, and not just the New Territories was a foregone conclusion anyway.
I think this "she got scared of Deng" is a bunch of bull. They didn't call her the Iron Lady for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
The US and UK have a pretty good track record of returning things to their owner, etc. Russia doesn't.
Not really, UK has lost her power, she is no more the Empire as she was before. UK didn't want to return HongKong to China, but Deng Xiaoping told their lady Thacther that if you don't leave, then I will send PLA to kick you out, so Thachther got terrified and fell from the traps of the Great Hall building when she left Deng

It is a matter how big your fist is, not you are kind or evil.
It's something I've warned you all about before a few times:
Chinese propaganda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
I've never heard of China threatening the UK over Hong Kong. We'll have to assume its a made up story unless you can provide a source. I can certainly imagine there is some basis for it. I'd just like to see an unbiased version of it.
That is a load of crap really, the thing about Tibet.

But I don't think the US would EVER give up any of the territories it took from Mexico either but it's been under US control for so long, and the people who live there are now essentially Americans by every stretch of the imagination so to return would be an act of lunacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
I mostly have a problem with the "undeniable fact" that Tibet has always been part of China and that propaganda BS. If you have the clarity of view to say that it was its own independent nation in the past, then you demonstrate an open mind.

I don't know about Tibet, but I can guarantee that if the US gave ANY state back to Mexico, I can guarantee that the citizens would be absolutely against such a move. If they were put under Mexican rule anyway, there would be a bloody revolt.
MY APOLOGIES
I was reading this forum from the start and I didn't read "Back to topic"



Mod edit: Dont post back-to-Back....Use the edit button.
September 28th, 2004  
godofthunder9010
 
 
My entire point about the states that were once a part of Mexico: The people in those states WANT to be part of the US and not Mexico. The same could not have been said of Tibet when China invaded, however the Chinese have instituted mass-settlement of Chinese there, so a vote would likely be in favor of staying as part of China.

But the whole problem is that the topic has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with China. Strictly a Japan/Russia issue.
September 29th, 2004  
SerbianFMJ
 
Doesn't america still hold lands that do not belong to it? For example probably the most well known "not-american-but under american control" has got to be Guantanamo. Shouldn't that land belong to Cuba, why doesn't the United States hand that over? After all, the "war" is over. (i'm just trying to make an argument, so please don't flame and no insult intended)
By the way, I read an article in Serbia this summer that talks about how Serbia and the US need to co-operate on terrorism, and how serbia is an stratigically important partner in the war on terror due to it's location between western europe and the middle east. Also because it has almost ten years of experience fighting terrorist backed groups in Bosnia and Kosovo. The KLA "freedom fighters" which you're ex-president Bill Clinton so happily supported took fair amounts of support from Bin Laden and Al-Qaida which also supported the muslim terrorists in Bosnia. And after reading Kerry's policy plans for Serbia and Kosovo, I have only one thing to say, F*$@ Kerry!
September 29th, 2004  
A Can of Man
 
 
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the main reason why Clinton supported the KLA against Serbia was because of the mass graves and mass genocide thing. Basically the US and allies cannot back a group which is doing something that falls under the category of genocide.
Too bad the Muslims didn't think too kindly of the help they recieved from the West but I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.

What would you say is the terrorist involvement or residence is in Bosnia? I'm asking Serbian FMJ in particular.
September 29th, 2004  
Snauhi
 
those islands are just like Golan Hights= war booty.