Should new perm members be added to the UN security council? - Page 3

View Poll Results :Do you think there should be new permanent UN Security Council members?
Yes 8 44.44%
No 3 16.67%
Yes, but without veto powers like the originals 5 27.78%
Yes and also increase the number of 2 year term members to balance it out 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

--

December 16th, 2004  
westwater

It is interesting that some chinese friends here argue india should be a member, I dont think they love india and who can tell me why.
December 16th, 2004  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

Quote:
It is interesting that some chinese friends here argue india should be a member,
Not Just Chinese Friends here ..............But chinese Government Too has Supporting and Backing india's Candidature

Quote:
I dont think they love india and who can tell me why.
Really ...........i didn't knew that

Seriously though India-China Don't have any real differences .......their Borders have always been peacful.........and lately China has Given Up Claims to it's terrotory in north-eastern India have strenthened the ties...............i don't know why there should he a hatered among the two neighbours..................is there any reason i don't know that we should hate each other

Peace
-=SF_13=-
December 16th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Of course no need for India and China to hate each other. Why should we.

In such long history, China and India had only one short border conflict. We should look forward.

Btw, our Buddha comes from India too
--
December 17th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

peronally i think china shouldnot claim the land in southern tibet...
since tibet is not ours in the first place

but it is no harm to get more lands right..anyway

the current permanent member system is a bit obsolete, and not fair, doesn't truly represent the voice of differnent nations

we should have maybe 2 nations in each continent to be pernemnt members ,BUT the new members should not have veto power,
if they do, UN security meeting will be a mass PPL blocking each other on everything
December 17th, 2004  
CABAL

I believe your references towards Tibet is off context my friend.

Either than that, I do believe that new Security council Members should be allowed in because times change, so as the new council.
December 17th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

"I believe your references towards Tibet is off context my friend. "

sorry, i said this to india ppl

so do u think they should let Germany be a permenant member
December 17th, 2004  
CABAL

There is debate going whether Germany should remain or not. It's quite understandable that Germany has a military but the self-defense policy have been in place, hence that we cannot promote military security throughout the world.
December 17th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

well, i have to say first that german military is one the best in the world, it doesn't take pretty long for german to become top few military power once there is no restrictions for German military

the problem is that some ppl still feel unsecure about letting German ppl have weapons.

but let me note one thing, if whole Europe can come together, and form a single voice, this Gernamny issue will not exsit and becomes a problem
December 17th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

I don't see any reason to add Germany? Not one..?
December 17th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

well...a country with 3th largest GDP in the world is not a permenant member....that is kind of ridiculous

UN should represent the voice from all over the world