should Bush just put the Iraqis in some camp?

View Poll Results :should Bush put all the Iraqis on some type of camp?
Yes 0 0%
Maybe 0 0%
No 9 100.00%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

--

April 14th, 2004  
Achilles

Topic: should Bush just put the Iraqis in some camp?

Heres my idea, put all of the Iraqis in a bunch of camps all over Iraq, and then sift the insurgents and rebel out of the mix until the only people left are the people that are willing to help with the process of reconsruction, and the bad guys can just stay in prison, and we could just do away the leaders
April 14th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Whether it would work tactically or not is one question, but its a good way to commit political suicide. They Iraqis would lost what little trust they had of us now, because we constantly tell them Iraq is not the enemy, but the militias.
April 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: ok

i think that is a horrible idea and seeing as the opeation was named "Iraqi Freedom", you should be ashamed of bringing it up.camps? you dont want to know what that sounds like!
--
April 14th, 2004  
Achilles

Topic: It was jus tan idea

thanks for viocing your opinion, but my basic idea was mainly putting a tougher curfuw on the Iraqis as punishment for the revolt, you know everyone for the rebelion of the minority, and sorry if the word "camp" offended anyone, I wasnt thinking anything like a concentration camp at all!!!!!
April 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: ok

Ok, you are making more sens, tougher curfuw is a tactical means to stop the attacks. The problem is to make it stop completely, this will only be done with smart diplomacy, and tough means against the terrorists them selves, not the population. you mess with the people and you get civilian uprising at its worst(and trust me, this are lessons Israel payed for in blood.)
April 14th, 2004  
Ben

Topic: Re: should Bush just put the Iraqis in some camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by about face
Heres my idea, put all of the Iraqis in a bunch of camps all over Iraq
Apart from the obvious, clear, almost clinical absurdity that your idea suggests, that i dont think anyone should even bother to talk about - have you considered the logistical implications of what you just said? How long, what amount of resources, time, expenditure and effort would it take to accomplish something that would simply see the iraqi population even more pissed off with the coalition than they are already? In the end all it would achieve would be to cause demonstrations and riots, as well as huge international backlash. Do you think the "badguys" would also go willingly to the camps and not try to hide at all? Unbelievable.
April 15th, 2004  
AlexKall

Topic: Re: ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
i think that is a horrible idea and seeing as the opeation was named "Iraqi Freedom", you should be ashamed of bringing it up.camps? you dont want to know what that sounds like!
Agreed!
April 15th, 2004  
gjc

OK Gentleman. It seems we are all united in the view that putting all Iraqis into camps is a crass idea. I would be interested to hear, then, your views on the US holding so many men at Guantanamo Bay, without charge for over two years? Reasonable act to curb terrorism, or a disgraceful breach of human rights? Has it achieved its aims, indeed what is its aims? Is the world a safer place for it? What price has to be paid for the West to feel safe? As we say over here, answers on a postcard please.

Ladies feel free to answer too!
April 15th, 2004  
Ben

To be honest, to answer whether the holding of these people is jusified or not is a question that i dont think that any of us can answer without knowledge of each individual case, which we are abviously not going to get. Personally, i believe that some of the prisoners probably deserve to be taken through an international court right now. As for their detention, from what i have read in the papers about the way they are being held, i think more could be done to increase their quality of life (few more hours excercise time etc.).
April 15th, 2004  
gjc

hmmm, not sure I agree old boy but I am interested to see what others, particulalry Americans, think before I give my tuppence worth.