Sheer Outrage!!!!!

It is all left to interpertation.....

You are correct as far as you go.

It is a self evident fact that radical Islamic terrorists have chosen to take the Quran at it's worst interpretation, and consider ALL non-believers as the enemy, that includes even those Muslims that don't agree with them.

Words mean what they say. The Qu'ran is not written in simile, metaphor or idiom. It is the straight forward message of a half-educated man who founded his own religion. It was from the start spread at the edge of a sword and it is only REVISIONIST muslims looking to placate the west who have plied this crap of peaceful islam ad nauseum. There is no interpretation. There is what it says and those who truly believe in the words of the prophet know everyone is to convert or die. There are other religions loosely based on the Qu'ran which say otherwise but as our young cadet astutely pointed out, they are not truly muslim. Just as I would discern between a devout Catholic and one who simply gives lip service to the faith but has not taken it into his heart and does not truly believe. There can be no middle ground on this issue. Honestly unless you can read and speak arabic you are getting all your information second hand at best and we all know how the whispers game goes, not to mention the system employed by muslims where they speak the truth to each other in Arabic as it is haram but in english they say what they WANT you to think. Yasser Arafat's speeches are classic and well known examples of this.

So can I ask what makes you an expert on the Qu'ran, degree in "muslim" studies, phd in arabic religions or just another armchair google expert?

I generally get very negative with people who "tell" us what something means and how wrong our ideas are when they themselves are just as unqualified to comment.

Myself I will go with those who believe that the Qu'ran just like the bible is interpreted by those who follow them in different ways and while there are extremist followers of both books the vast majority are moderates, but then thats just my opinion.

Ad hominem attacks... how very surprising. If you read more than just one post on just one thread you would find your answer.

Last edited:
Hang on a sec its not me talking in absolutes here all I am asking is what qualifies you to make these comments, for all I know you may actually be qualified to do so.

I really dont see this as anything more than asking for your source.

It seems to me the extremist Muslims are waging a war on the "not right thinkers". This stamp is, in my opinion, a step towards winning that war. I have no objection to a stamp depicting most anything.

But for pete's sake how about just putting the American flag back on it and telling everyone to STFU. Ever think how much it costs to make a single stamp print/mold/pattern. . . whatever. Then develop it and put it into mass production? Perhaps our postal services would not be quite so costly if they didn't try to play around with what is on a dang stamp.

Seriously, how often do YOU pay attention to the post mark or the stamp on an envelop you got in the mail?

There is always interpretation, perception, doubt, fact, and fiction just to name a few. It is pretty much impossible for all or any humans to see everything or anything exactly the same.

If there wasn't any doubt, perception, interpretation, and so on then there would only be one form of Islam or for that matter one form of any religion or even just one religion. Which I believe we can all agree on is not the case; therefore it is always left to interpretation.

Bulldogg
The gentleman has a very good point ... what sort of background do you have that makes you an expert on the Quran?

Everything that I can find from ANY source, ALL agree ... they are NOT sure what the "original" Quran wording was ... there being NO samples of the original text left in existence. All we have are copies of copies and some of those are blurred, and have 'word symbols' that have no translation or meaning in our modern languages.

So this begs the question ... how can you emphatically say the Quran is a "straight forward message of a half-educated man who founded his own religion"?

As all of the experts say, we have no way of knowing exactly what the Quran original really says ... and ... we have no 'real' historical documents to even really know what the life of the person who wrote it was. Everything is anecdotal no matter what the zealots believe.

Honestly unless you can read and speak arabic you are getting all your information second hand at best and we all know how the whispers game goes

How is it second hand? It's translated to mean the same thing. If I watch a movie in German that has English subtitles, the words have the same meaning. According to your logic, I can't read the Bible because I don't know Hebrew.

How is it second hand? It's translated to mean the same thing. If I watch a movie in German that has English subtitles, the words have the same meaning. According to your logic, I can't read the Bible because I don't know Hebrew.

But in just reading the subtitles you get no understanding of circumstances in which the words are used, that would require interpretive skills (in the movie case associating body language with text) which I think is what we are saying.

I really dont understand why the religious refute the interpretive nature of these texts after all if the books were not open to interpretation we would only have one form religion and yet we have how many variants of christianity alone?

Back