The Serbian Massacre Video

View Poll Results :The Dutch unit should have fought?
NO 9 33.33%
YES 18 66.67%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 10th, 2005  
jackehammond

Topic: The Serbian Massacre Video

Folks,

I guess we have all by now seen the video of that Serbian-Bosnian unit killing the six Bosnian-Muslim young men. You know who I feel the most pity for besides those young men and their families that might recongnize them?

The Dutch Army. It has to be rough on them.

Finally, this has been debated over under, and around, etc. But did the Dutch commander make the right decision when the UN refused to authorize air strikes against the advancing Serbian armored forces. Or should they have fought?

Jack E. Hammond

NOTE> No matter the decision. I would not wanted to be the officer who had to make it. And for those that are fast to judge, I can remember back in the Iranian Hostage Crisis when some nonUS military were making the same judgement -- ie including the Russian military.
June 10th, 2005  
chewie_nz

you're correct, either way it would've been a gut wrenching decision.

if he did fight the hope would've been that other NATO/UN forces would come to their aid....would they have?
June 10th, 2005  
jackehammond

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
you're correct, either way it would've been a gut wrenching decision.

if he did fight the hope would've been that other NATO/UN forces would come to their aid....would they have?
Dear Member,

And if they had fought when the Serbs overran them they would have most likely killed not only the Bosnian-Moslem men, but also the women and children.

Finally, Rwanda has sent some troops to western Sudan. Their president has publically stated that his troops with or without UN orders would fight and defend civilians from being killed. It didn't go over to well with the UN administrators.

Jack E. Hammond

NOTE> If they had fought, NATO would probably have put up a memorial like the LION memorial in Switzerland to the last French kings Swiss Guards.
--
June 10th, 2005  
str8 thug

I think the were there to do a job and they didn't...they proved useless. If they did fight it would have sent shockwaves through the enemy and they'd know that the UN means business, by doing jack squat and just standing there and watching, they might aswell have been the one doing the killing.*Note to Kofi Annan* - Everyone grow some balls and do what your supposed to do.
June 11th, 2005  
r031Button

Topic: Re: The Serbian Massacre Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackehammond
Folks,

I guess we have all by now seen the video of that Serbian-Bosnian unit killing the six Bosnian-Muslim young men. You know who I feel the most pity for besides those young men and their families that might recongnize them?

The Dutch Army. It has to be rough on them.

Finally, this has been debated over under, and around, etc. But did the Dutch commander make the right decision when the UN refused to authorize air strikes against the advancing Serbian armored forces. Or should they have fought?

Jack E. Hammond

NOTE> No matter the decision. I would not wanted to be the officer who had to make it. And for those that are fast to judge, I can remember back in the Iranian Hostage Crisis when some nonUS military were making the same judgement -- ie including the Russian military.
We're talking about Srebencia right? Without questionthe dutch should have held it. That they were peacekeepers is irrelevent, they're still there to protect citizens.
June 15th, 2005  
silent driller

This is actually the first I've heard about it. What's the story?
June 15th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

you seem antiSerbian so here are some video of Muslims treating serbs bad

http://www.pink-plus.de/zlocin_505.wmv

You should stay out of slavic lands
June 16th, 2005  
chewie_nz

i was waiting for you to comment on this renegade.

maybe you should talk to some of the canadian members of this board, who (i believe...i could be wrong) were involved with piece keeping ops in these "slavic lands"

i know and have talked to people who have seen first hand what occured in that region... atrocities happened on both side...but by far and away the kiwis saw the christians as being the bad guys.

the issue isn't the video itself....it the fact it was in circulation! pfft! i know that whatever i'm going to say you'll ignore....so i just hope you're comfortable with you hate buddy
June 16th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

I do not need to talk to any members that were so called "peace keepers" I already know many people that were there. What kiwis think is irrelevant to any of this. Many videos are in circulatuion, but the liberal media only plays ones that discredit the serbs. They will never show that NATO pilots bombed civilian targets. Anything else to add?
June 16th, 2005  
chewie_nz

so why do you thiink UN/NATO forces were in serbia in the first place?

do you think it had ANYTHING AT ALL do do with the fact that both sides were acting like it was the middle ages all over again?

the things that happen have NO JUSTIFICATION!