Search Engines.

View Poll Results :What Search Engine do you use?
Google. 15 78.95%
Altavista. 2 10.53%
Lycos. 0 0%
Askjeeves. 1 5.26%
Teoma (Ask). 0 0%
Gigablast. 0 0%
Looksmart. 0 0%
Yahoo. 1 5.26%
Others. 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

April 20th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Topic: Search Engines.

This thread is linked to this thread ("Google and Beijing together to turn screws on open information
Communist Party propaganda department bans use of foreign news services or channels as sources. Google says it had no choice but to accept restrictions, including censorship"; "What ever happened to the US Congressional action on this?? How many of you which are so quick to criticise China's censorship are still using google and thus supporting the very thing you so vocally denounce??"- Bulldog; "No wonder Hu Jintao's first stop on this trip is dinner with his friend Bill Gates. Have we entered a time in our history during which money and big business can work in open opposition to the demands and laws of the very countries they are resident?"- Bulldog)

We are trying to have more and more people change their search engine from Google given the support the dictatorship of China gets from Mr.Gates and his company.
Now the question is what search engine do you use?
I have just switched to Altavista.
April 20th, 2006  
bulldogg

Time to put your keyboards where your mouths are.
April 20th, 2006  
DTop

I've added Yahoo to the list for you. I have been shying away from Google lately anyway but this is just all the more reason. I use Yahoo, Dogpile, AltaVista, and I've been trying out Ask recently all give good results so far.
--
Boots
April 20th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Thank you DTop. Uhm yeah I think I'll be trying Ask and Yahoo for a while too and see which one is better.
April 20th, 2006  
bulldogg

Yahoo is also a willing partner with China in censorship.
April 20th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Good to know.
April 20th, 2006  
Rabs

Im a google man.
April 20th, 2006  
zhjsg

useless, no one can give up the chinese market.
and no big company, MNCs can survive without the chinese marktet
April 20th, 2006  
bulldogg

That in no way means that people should support Google or censorship in any form. If Google wants the Chinese market so bad I say we kick them out of their comfy offices in San Jose, California and send the whole lot of them to live and work in the bed they're helping to make. They may "need" China but we don't need them.

So Rabs I should expect to see no criticism from you about any issues involving censorship from now on??
April 20th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Right on target, dude.