School drill portrays killers as Christians - Page 3

--
School drill portrays killers as Christians

April 8th, 2007  
senojekips

My point being, that we should not be so thin skinned as to be upset by things that we willingly do to others.

In the past it was always my impression that it was the "other side" who behaved like a mob of raving loonies every time their religious beliefs were criticised, now certain sections of "our mob" appear to be as bad.

Not cool,... not cool at all.
April 10th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
My point being, that we should not be so thin skinned as to be upset by things that we willingly do to others.

In the past it was always my impression that it was the "other side" who behaved like a mob of raving loonies every time their religious beliefs were criticised, now certain sections of "our mob" appear to be as bad.

Not cool,... not cool at all.
Ok let me rephrase:

Quote:
If the major religion at that school had been Muslim I have no doubt it would have screamed across the headlines as well. . . .
to read:

Quote:
If the major religion at that school had been Muslim/Baptist/Catholic/Bhuddist/Presbyterian/Mormon/Apostolic (and so on and so forthe for any religion you want to name) I have no doubt it would have screamed across the headlines as well. . . .
The whole point and substance of my argument is this:

They wont know jacksquat about who is there except that someone is in the school shooting students and teachers.

They (LEO) won't care about who (terrorists) is doing what until the situation stabilizes enough to talk.

So why on earth would LEO and the fire department and other emergency services have to know anything about the religious or political affiliations? They don't.

You can almost bet your bottom dollar that any SWAT team won't care who they are either. They care about two things: Getting the bad guys and saving as many people as they can.

EDIT: Just wanted to point out that I do understand what you are saying about being thin skinned etc. I even agree with it to an extent. My observations and points will stand.
April 10th, 2007  
bulldogg

I agree with the Marine on all points and with Spike. I see common ground on this issue.
--
April 10th, 2007  
Donkey

No fear
April 11th, 2007  
mmarsh

I dont understand why people are having trouble imagining Christian extremists as terrorists. We have already had them:

1. The Branch Davidians at WACO held hostages.
2. The various assassinations of Abortion Doctors by Pro-life nut cases.
3. The Ku Klux Klan claimed it was the defender of White Christian Values
4. The Army of God.
5. Christian Identity.

We blame al-Qaeda or Hezbollah (which means 'Army of God' in Arabic, funny coincidence no?) but we have got groups at home that use or justify the use of terrorism as well.

They do not use violence has commonly as the Muslim extremists do, but I think we will see more attacks in the future, simply because they will begin to resent the fact that most Americans do not share their radical interpretation of the Bible. Thats just how the Muslim groups got started.
April 11th, 2007  
Donkey

Can you verify the first one to be an actual fact because I don't think it ever was.

Waco was nothing more then the US Gov't trashing constitutional rights.

during this drill they did not need to label anything...
April 11th, 2007  
bulldogg

Bullets dont discriminate. Why should we, lets label them Extremist Judeo Christian Islamic Facist Communist Freedom Fighting Terroristas... they can all have tattoos like mine and that way we'll piss off everyone.
April 12th, 2007  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey
Can you verify the first one to be an actual fact because I don't think it ever was.

Waco was nothing more then the US Gov't trashing constitutional rights.

during this drill they did not need to label anything...
I refer to anybody who holds children as hostages, who open fires on law enforcement executing a legal search+arrest warrant, and the fact that its highly likely that the Davidians shot their own hostages because they didn't want them to escape (like Jonestown) as being acts of a terrorist organization.

Which reminds me of another Fundimentalist Christian terrorist group, the followers of Jim Jones.
April 12th, 2007  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
...the fact that its highly likely that the Davidians shot their own hostages because they didn't want them to escape (like Jonestown)...
SOURCE please.
April 12th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

...the fact that it is highly likely. . . wow....

I have made some glaring grammar errors but I can not remember contradicting myself in 7 words or so.