Sara Palin Joins Fox News

Wow.....And its Sarah. With an H. :p
Off to a grand start already I see...

I'm staying out of this one for now, just gonna get popcorn and watch the show. :)

Alright, I can't help it, just one little neutral remark: For a future campaign, this is a good move on Palin's part. Gets her lots to TV exposure.

That it does, TOG, but let's hope her career in politics is over. I'm pretty neutral when it comes to politics, but I really felt she was a very baaaaaaad choice for VP for McCain, and one of the reasons he lost.

And now, I am done with this topic. Politics bores me to no end and the constant bickering on here has become very tiresome to me. The only reason I even clicked on the link was because her name was spelled wrong. Being a fellow Sara, I notice these things. :)

That it does, TOG, but let's hope her career in politics is over. I'm pretty neutral when it comes to politics, but I really felt she was a very baaaaaaad choice for VP for McCain, and one of the reasons he lost.

And now, I am done with this topic. Politics bores me to no end and the constant bickering on here has become very tiresome to me. The only reason I even clicked on the link was because her name was spelled wrong. Being a fellow Sara, I notice these things. :)
You would. I see typos so often I'm desensitized to them anymore. But yeah, she really hurt McCain more than she helped him.

I agree and personally think she was the only reason McCain lost.

I'll help ya! I'll help ya!
You know, us brave ex-firefighters, we gotta to to any length to help save folks! Yes we do!

So I e-mailed her my number and address. :rock:

I agree and personally think she was the only reason McCain lost.

I listened the "60 minutes" (US news TV show) Interview with Anderson Cooper and Steve Schmit (senior McCain campaign advisor) who stated that without Sarah Palin they would have lost by a even wider margin.

Sevens

I am not sure Sarah wont give politics another try. On one hand she shown herself dishonest, grossly ignorant about almost everything, and frankly not very bright. She also burned alot of GOP bridges both during and after the election where she blamed everyone for HER failings except herself. I doubt there will be alot of GOP insiders willing to go on a limb for her a 2nd time.

On the other hand. One things that drives me crazy is how the GOP panders to the lunatic fringe of the far right. Sarah Palin is widely popular amongst the "crazies" who mistake her folksy charm as actual substance (much like they did with Bush). For that reason alone I am not willing to say shes out of politics. I remember in 2000 I thought the people of America would not be stupid enough to vote for a lightweight like Bush -and I was wrong...twice.

I will be interested to see what the GOP does, common sense would say they would never trust her again but the lure of the far-right voting block might be too powerful. The GOP might be in for quite the power struggle as the Palin supporters might threaten to stay at home if Sarah Palin isnt the nominee.

As for Sarah on FOX its not a big deal. FOX is bias, but its also full of hot air gasbags like Beck, Hannity, Hume, Oreilly, Calvato etc. One more gasbag doesnt change much.

Fox is different from the 1990s (thanks to Bush). People back then used to think it was a balanced news program. Nowadays the people who think that FOX is fair are those so ignorant they want to be told what they want to hear, actual facts and truth mean nothing. And Sarah Palin fits that bill to a tee.

I listened the "60 minutes" (US news TV show) Interview with Anderson Cooper and Steve Schmit (senior McCain campaign advisor) who stated that without Sarah Palin they would have lost by a even wider margin.

Sevens

I am not sure Sarah wont give politics another try. On one hand she shown herself dishonest, grossly ignorant about almost everything, and frankly not very bright. She also burned alot of GOP bridges both during and after the election where she blamed everyone for HER failings except herself. I doubt there will be alot of GOP insiders willing to go on a limb for her a 2nd time.

On the other hand. One things that drives me crazy is how the GOP panders to the lunatic fringe of the far right. Sarah Palin is widely popular amongst the "crazies" who mistake her folksy charm as actual substance (much like they did with Bush). For that reason alone I am not willing to say shes out of politics. I remember in 2000 I thought the people of America would not be stupid enough to vote for a lightweight like Bush -and I was wrong...twice.

I will be interested to see what the GOP does, common sense would say they would never trust her again but the lure of the far-right voting block might be too powerful. The GOP might be in for quite the power struggle as the Palin supporters might threaten to stay at home if Sarah Palin isnt the nominee.

As for Sarah on FOX its not a big deal. FOX is bias, but its also full of hot air gasbags like Beck, Hannity, Hume, Oreilly, Calvato etc. One more gasbag doesnt change much.

Fox is different from the 1990s (thanks to Bush). People back then used to think it was a balanced news program. Nowadays the people who think that FOX is fair are those so ignorant they want to be told what they want to hear, actual facts and truth mean nothing. And Sarah Palin fits that bill to a tee.
Vs ABC hiring George Stepanopolis fresh out of the White House? A Bush "lightwieght" vs Al "The sky is falling" Gore of John "Im qualified to be Prez because I was in 'Nam, but refuse to release my records or discuss my service there" Kerry. Kerry recently reported he had a hip replacement, probably Obama. How many Lib gas bags are there on ABC, NBC, CBS CNN, MSNBC?

Vs ABC hiring George Stepanopolis fresh out of the White House? A Bush "lightwieght" vs Al "The sky is falling" Gore of John "Im qualified to be Prez because I was in 'Nam, but refuse to release my records or discuss my service there" Kerry. Kerry recently reported he had a hip replacement, probably Obama. How many Lib gas bags are there on ABC, NBC, CBS CNN, MSNBC?

You mean Sarah Palin a self-professed illiterate (meaning: does not read, not cannot read) vs. George Stephanopolis: the Oxford Graduate/Rhodes Scholar. Its clear ABC picked the brain, FOX picked ignoranamous. Yeah I'd say ABC got the better journalist. No question.

Palin has been hired as contributor, but what is she going to contibute? Stephanopolos has years of political experiance working in the WH. Palin resigned after only two years as governor of one of the least populated states in the country. I think its pretty fair to say that outside of Alaska she knows nothing about anything. For Christ Sake, as of last year this women didnt know the difference between North and South Korea. FOX is going to have to keep her on a very short leash, and I remind you, that didnt work for McCain. Sooner or later Palin is going to say something truly stupid (like Death Panals) and Fox will have to clean up the mess.

Bush spent his entire life as the spoiled child of a powerful family, who routinely bailed him out of messes he caused. If you read abit about his biography you'd see his entire life of him getting himself into big trouble (personally and professionally) and Daddy friends or colleugues bailing him out of it. Yes that makes him a lightweight. By consequence both Gore and Kerry came from privilaged backgrounds but actually had to work to get ahead because their families wouldnt allow them to be lazy. The fact also remains both Kerry and Gore went to Vietnam, Bush didnt because Daddy got him out (which was a good thing, because I think Bush's lack of disipline would have been dangerous to himself those around him).

Sarah Palin is also a Lightweight. Like Bush she is uneducated, ill spoken, ideologue with messanic visions of grandure as if she were Joanne of Arc.

Think George. Why do you think she went to FOX and not somewhere else? Its because its a sheltered environment. That way she doesnt risk public embarrassment when someone like that nasty Katie Couric asks a real hardball questions like "Do you Read?". Sarah Palin has refused to sit down with journalists who dont share her view. Even joining her website required that you be pre-approved (i.e Screened) because its clear Sarah cannot handle a critical question. FOX is the perfect fit, in fact its about the ONLY fit.

There have been real conservatives on liberal Shows. Lou Dobbs (CNN), Tucker Carlson (CNN), Joe Scarbourogh (MSNBC), Glen Beck (CNN) and others. By consequence there are no real liberals on FOX because FOX wont hire them. FOX as a policy will not hire people they cannot control, thats why you wont ever see a real liberal like Keith Olbermann, Rachel Madow, or Chris Matthews over there, in fact they wont even invite them on as guests.

Last edited:
I look forward to more comedy on Fox News. You don't even have to parody them anymore, the channel itself is hilarious (if you read).

Last edited:
Palin will probably actually boost the ratings more for FOX. Love her or hate her.

There are alot of people on the right who think Palin is the be all end all....that should make left very happy..because if the nit wits that think Palin is viable as a leader in the GOP then the right is truely and fairly screwed.

Palin will probably actually boost the ratings more for FOX. Love her or hate her.

There are alot of people on the right who think Palin is the be all end all....that should make left very happy..because if the nit wits that think Palin is viable as a leader in the GOP then the right is truely and fairly screwed.
Quite true. LOL

I watch Fox more for entertainment than anything else. It's fun to hear Glenn Beck preach about how the sky is falling because we have a Democrat as a president, while giving NO plausible ideas about how to fix the hole we've dug ourselves.

FOX and Al-Jazeera are about the same in terms of attempting to be respectable, non-biased news sources (both pretty bad) but Al-Jazeera folks don't scream into the microphone in the studio as much.

Not so sure, I think people who like Palin probably already watch FOX daily anyway. As for the left, I seriously doubt it even for comic relief. Bigger fish to fry.

Back