Russian submarines patrol off US east coast

As I've said over and over again, show me and I'll believe the hype.
I don't trust every piece of American hardware either.

Both US and Russia over exaggerate the bull they produce. Every time I go to a newsagent and look at one of the military magazines, you always see the same thing "USA has built new super weapon capable of smacking all the vodka out of Russias backside..."

They're having problems producing the missiles for the Borei-class, and the boats themselves are pretty expensive...

Russians subs are off our coast just like our subs are off of their coast. I'm surprised that people are still surprised about this.

It's honestly kind of a who-cares moment. They have two fast-attacks off our coast...so what? They aren't carrying nuclear weapons...

Both US and Russia over exaggerate the bull they produce. Every time I go to a newsagent and look at one of the military magazines, you always see the same thing "USA has built new super weapon capable of smacking all the vodka out of Russias backside..."

Dont want to start a flame war or anything, but i see you live in Australia so why are you defending Russia so much? If russia is so great then why dont you live there? (Depending if you are Russian offcourse)

and again this is a serious question, not my intention to start trouble.

Dont want to start a flame war or anything, but i see you live in Australia so why are you defending Russia so much? If russia is so great then why dont you live there? (Depending if you are Russian offcourse)

and again this is a serious question, not my intention to start trouble.

Because I dont speak Russian.

What makes you think that?

Because they're SSNs; not SSBNs. They might be carrying a nuclear torpedo or two, but those things have this small caveat where the shockwave kinda messes up the boat that fires them. Russia probably has boomers around, but these aren't them.

Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if the NATO subs off RUSSIA'S coast are carrying enough nukes to turn Asia into a hole.

Damn skippy. :p

They're having problems producing the missiles for the Borei-class, and the boats themselves are pretty expensive...

there were two projects of same type of missiles bulava and another one, bulava is canceled due to lack of succesful launches..it had like 3 out of 11 launches work.

the other missile is the same capabilities but it was succesful every time.

was some where on the european news. dont know the link and dont remember the missiles name.

I remembered! Kornet, the missile is classified as cornet. I think :)

Last edited:
Russia got better at building submarines?
I read a book on k-129, and the author said that during the cold war,
russian submarines were made crudley and functional. Some parts were wood inside (structure beam? idk the term, but for support), and it was made fast as they could.
Is this wrong?

Russia got better at building submarines?
I read a book on k-129, and the author said that during the cold war,
russian submarines were made crudley and functional. Some parts were wood inside (structure beam? idk the term, but for support), and it was made fast as they could.
Is this wrong?

I would seriously doubt the use of wood as a structural element, but there was a distinct decision made to sacrifice reactor shielding for speed...

The Russkies will not easily get the west worried again as they did in the Cold war.

When the old Russian Federation collapsed, a lot of secrets were learned by us and a lot more of our assumptions were confirmed as to the overall shoddiness of their preparedness, and equipment, right down poor training and severe morale problems at the lowest levels. It appears that their "non nuclear" strength was in huge poorly trained manpower reserves, and even this had it's problems.

I think that anyone who imagines that any of the above means that we will take our eye off the ball, would be rather foolish,... not even for a second.

Last edited:
Back