RUSSIAN FIGHTERS SUPERIOR, SAYS PENTAGON - Page 2




 
--
 
August 24th, 2005  
SwordFish_13
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT
Let's wait for the F-22...

Everything will be back to normal... when the skies again belong to the US.


We can Also wait for PAK-FA To roll out

Things might stay as it is ...........

btw: PAK-FA is Indo-Russia Joint venture Fifth generation Fighter Aircrafft.


Peace
-=SF_13=-
August 24th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT
Let's wait for the F-22...

Everything will be back to normal... when the skies again belong to the US.


We can Also wait for PAK-FA To roll out

Things might stay as it is ...........

btw: PAK-FA is Indo-Russia Joint venture Fifth generation Fighter Aircrafft.


Peace
-=SF_13=-
I can't wait to see how that turns out.
August 24th, 2005  
ozmilman
 
Gonna take u riiight in, to, the danger zoooo-oo-oo-ooone.
Rich.
--
August 24th, 2005  
Whispering Death
 
 
Well, the part to this story that jumped out in my mind is that the F-15s are 4th generation fighters and America is transitioning into the 5th generation with the F-22 and F-35 that are both startilingly better than the F-15.

It's an interesting report to be sure, but I don't think this will have any effect on future wars and little effect on millitary planning.
August 25th, 2005  
Snauhi
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Well, the part to this story that jumped out in my mind is that the F-15s are 4th generation fighters and America is transitioning into the 5th generation with the F-22 and F-35 that are both startilingly better than the F-15.

It's an interesting report to be sure, but I don't think this will have any effect on future wars and little effect on millitary planning.
yes,but F-22 is not ready yeah same with F-35, and it will take time and money to produce enough of them.
August 25th, 2005  
Whispering Death
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Well, the part to this story that jumped out in my mind is that the F-15s are 4th generation fighters and America is transitioning into the 5th generation with the F-22 and F-35 that are both startilingly better than the F-15.

It's an interesting report to be sure, but I don't think this will have any effect on future wars and little effect on millitary planning.
yes,but F-22 is not ready yeah same with F-35, and it will take time and money to produce enough of them.
I think the first F-22 squadron has already come on-line or is due to come on-line in the next few months. But what I'm really saying is that if this report came out in 1980 I'd be concerned, but at this point in time the F-15 has already begun its slow fade from active duty into history.
August 25th, 2005  
Blixs
 
 
I'm actually not suprised,ever since the Korean War,Soviet planes have been superior in performance.The Sabre's were nothing against the Mig's.And even after the US captured a Mig,their planes still sucked.
August 25th, 2005  
FO Seaman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixs
I'm actually not suprised,ever since the Korean War,Soviet planes have been superior in performance.The Sabre's were nothing against the Mig's.And even after the US captured a Mig,their planes still sucked.
That MiG was not captured, it was flown here by a Soviet pilot in defection. And that MiG was a over rated peice of crap.
August 26th, 2005  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Seaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixs
I'm actually not suprised,ever since the Korean War,Soviet planes have been superior in performance.The Sabre's were nothing against the Mig's.And even after the US captured a Mig,their planes still sucked.
That MiG was not captured, it was flown here by a Soviet pilot in defection. And that MiG was a over rated peice of crap.
Cadet Seaman

Blix is right, The MiG-15 was superior to the F-86 in almost everyway except perhaps armament (cannon rof was too slow against the Sabre). What saved us was the better training of our pilots. The USSR jets are dogfighters and thus better performers against ours in terms of speed, altitude and menueverability. The USA prefers stand-off aircraft with a focus on avionics, electronics and weapons.
August 26th, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET
 
 
but once they are up and running Watch Out! 8)