Russia and America

--

November 1st, 2004  
Darcia

Topic: Russia and America

Do You think Russia and America will ever be able too make peace. Even today Though the USSR is gone thier is still a strong hate between the two.
November 1st, 2004  
Redneck

Topic: Re: Russia and America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
Even today Though the USSR is gone thier is still a strong hate between the two.
How do you figure that?
November 1st, 2004  
Big_Z

I think we have come extremely far in better relations. I cant remember the last time I heard anything along the lines of anti-russian.
--
November 1st, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

after the school attack where over 300 people died, Russia says it stands with the US in its fight against terrorism. That's not exactly hatred.
November 1st, 2004  
Darcia

Yes but you have to admit thier is a stronge amount of...well maybe not hate but just not exactly freindliness. I think the Russians may hate America a little due to the fact America won the Cold War and the Russian Empire dissolved after only around 90 years and America is still going strong.
November 1st, 2004  
egoz

Nope, not as long as they have a communist government in power. But I don't blame them for that, democracy isn't for everyone. But as long as Putin is around or anyone else from the KGB or former Soviet Union you can bet that they'll be on our list.
November 2nd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Last I saw, it was 60-65% of the Russian people didn't trust and didn't like the United States at all. Probably better than you'd have likely seen during the height of the Cold War I suppose, but it surprised me how poorly regarded we are. Americans in general aren't holding any bitterness against them, so I guess it surprises us to learn that they see us in a very disfavorable light.
November 2nd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Nope, not as long as they have a communist government in power. But I don't blame them for that, democracy isn't for everyone. But as long as Putin is around or anyone else from the KGB or former Soviet Union you can bet that they'll be on our list.
Ahmmm...The Russain govronment is elected democraticly, and dose not regard itself at all as communist. And while the civil rights in Russia are not as developed as in the USA, its still a democracy in my eyes.
November 2nd, 2004  
Hegario

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Ahmmm...The Russain govronment is elected democraticly, and dose not regard itself at all as communist. And while the civil rights in Russia are not as developed as in the USA, its still a democracy in my eyes.
Not for long in my opinion. This is Putins second term but his party has two thirds majority in the duma so he can push forth a change in the constitution which will allow him to run for a third term or possibly even for life like Lukashenko in Belarus.
November 2nd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well, as long as they have an election, than its OK with me.