RSTA - Page 2

--

September 28th, 2014  
brinktk

Meaning, the tower on the DMPRC gunnery range. (It is where the range oic, master gunner, range operators, and the graders for each iteration sit)They were simulating the X-ray element and they designated a hulk about 1500-2000 meters on the range for us to lase and then send a cff to them to "process". So we did what we do...they didn't specify the type of mission, whether it was an adjustment, immediate suppression, ffe, type of munitions, no message to observer, etc. we had a good laugh inside our track wondering how much head scratching was going on up there. There were 12 iterations of fisters they had to get through so we all got together to make them regret arbitrarily putting in an additional task they didn't fully understand into effect against all of us who intimately understood what he was trying to do.

That's pretty much how it goes though lol. Most grunts, tankers, and scouts simply tell us to..."just make that (insert enemy or terrain feature) go away" and we do our thing.

My last commander was a breath of fresh air because he had been a mortar PL in A-stan before so he had a good understanding of what fire support assets can do and he let us use them to great effect to help shape his battlefield.
September 28th, 2014  
RSTA

Send up a 12 digit, walk it in, go to lunch.
September 28th, 2014  
Kesse81

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinktk
Most grunts, tankers, and scouts simply tell us to..."just make that (insert enemy or terrain feature) go away"
Yep. What the hell do you need all that information for?
Just shoot at that We point out.
--
September 28th, 2014  
brinktk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesse81
Yep. What the hell do you need all that information for?
Just shoot at that We point out.
Gladly! We help shape the battlefield and I am certainly aware of the consequences if we don't. My job is to make the job of the grunts easier, even if it is to just keep the enemy heads down long enough to buy you poor bastards enough time to stick em with your bayonet!

Of course, as a FiSTer, I'm just as likely to do the same if I screw up so there is certainly a double incentive lol. As for that information, do you want good effects on the target or poor effects on the target? No worries, us redlegs will save you grunts azz, AGAIN! ;p
September 28th, 2014  
Big_Z

Hi

I'm RSTA, I lost the password to this account. Sorry for any confusion.
September 28th, 2014  
brinktk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
Hi

I'm RSTA, I lost the password to this account. Sorry for any confusion.
Curious...Redleg couldn't get your password for you?
September 28th, 2014  
Redleg

Quote:
Curious...Redleg couldn't get your password for you?
It's been taken care of.
September 28th, 2014  
Big_Z

Redleg hooked me up, I sent him a message earlier.
September 28th, 2014  
brinktk

I knew he would, I figured that would have been the first course of action instead of creating a new account...it's curious to me.
September 28th, 2014  
Big_Z

Quote:
I knew he would, I figured that would have been the first course of action instead of creating a new account...it's curious to me.
I made the RSTA account so I could pm Red. I'm highly interested in what is going on with ISIL so I started jumping into those threads until he got back with me.

It's legit.