RM Throws Him Self On Grenade & Lives

Yep. I don't like the officers in the Army. Well, I like the West Point officers. Those guys are great. But the ones that only have a weeks worth of officer training I hate.

WTF? No Army officer has " 'weeks' worth of officer training."

How can you form such a conclusion about officers when you've not even served?

You're right. I got it from my stepdad who did serve. I forget what it was really called. My memory isn't that good. I'll find out what it really was he said and edit my post. Sorry.

You're right. I got it from my stepdad who did serve. I forget what it was really called. My memory isn't that good. I'll find out what it really was he said and edit my post. Sorry.

You owe me no apology or edit, bro. I wasn't trying to be combative. I just know for a fact that OCS (Officer Candidate School) isn't "weeks" long.

Today's officers are some of the finest trained in the world, and I don't think it is fair that we apply to them the a-typical and age-old stereotypical label as incompetent. We still laugh about it in the service, of course, but our leaders are top notch!

Well, as long as you keep them away from a map, LOL :-D

Yes. I know firsthand about officers and maps. Mike's friend and our squadmate Doug served as an officer. Let's just say after a few tournaments and scenarios, I'm the one who handles navigation.

Be careful; the good TI is a product of Army ROTC.

And I'd hardly call them 90-day wonders, the vast majority go through ROTC all four years of college.

Four years in college should make you an expert on warfare and a great leader of men, who has plenty of theory and no practical experience

Great, now I'll see wanted posters with my face on it all over DC.
Actually, honestly, I've met good ROTC officers and bad ones too. ROTC seems to be almost a hit or miss. Either they're real bad or REAL good. Obviously only from what I've seen.

I see that this Gentleman has been awarded the George Cross rather than the Victoria Cross as they were not under fire when he threw him self on to the grenade

Back