Rangel: An Attack On Bush Is An Attack On All Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dont need a map though I have been there at least half a dozen times, still think it should have stayed on the west coast though.

Its not a matter of people not being "totally informed" as much as it is people having absolutely no idea. As far as global warming goes well thats a world issue and I really dont care firearms ownership or your present administration as long as they stay out my little chunk of the world.

Dude the guy is a politician, inappropriate, self-serving, and unbecoming is pretty much their international job description.
Its not a matter of defending his behavior as it is defending his right to say things in an international forum even if I dont agree with him hell I will even defend Bush's right to respond in a suitable forum, the fact that it happened on what is deemed international territory makes all the difference.
It sounds like we agree after all. Chief Bones just posted it in a nutshell.
Chief Bones said:
Do you see the difference? I's NOT a case of being opposed to his beliefs (he has a right to them), it IS a case of being opposed to where he decided to launch his tirade. The opening of the UN Council was NOT the place to launch a tirade ... if Chavez had stated that policy X was having a decided bad affect against Vensuela and needed to be discussed before the UN, then I would have applauded his decision and supported him.

As it is, he has demonstrated why certain countries SHOULD have been denied UN membership.

I've seen this argument before.

It's as boring now as it was back then.

Senior Chief - what is boring about this argument? Your comment doesn't allow any other observation, than you being unable to muster ANY argument in rebuttal ... and I know this CAN'T be the case.

Senior Chief - what is boring about this argument? Your comment doesn't allow any other observation, than you being unable to muster ANY argument in rebuttal ... and I know this CAN'T be the case.

What's the use? Left against right always turns into a pissing contest.

There is a large chasm between supporting your stand and arguing somethng that has been argued for over 5 years now.

An attack on Bush is probably a waste of energy.

Maybeso, but venting has been accepted for a very long time as a way of NOT internalizing your feelings to the point you end up with ulcers.

thc_laugh.gif
How are your innards feeling?
thc_laugh.gif

I don't know about anyone else but my innards are fine, it's my level of understanding about the unabashed disrespect for the country I see from those that feel it's right to damn the nation and write it off as freedom of speech.

It's just wrong.

Further, it's not Mr. Bush, it's President Bush. You don't have to respect the man but you should respect the office and whom ever is holding it. Not for sake of the man but for the sake of the country.

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else but my innards are fine, it's my level of understanding about the unabashed disrespect for the country I see from those that feel it's right to damn the nation and write it off as freedom of speech.

It's just wrong.

Further, it's not Mr. Bush, it's President Bush. You don't have to respect the man but you should respect the office and whom ever is holding it. Not for sake of the man but for the sake of the country.

Very good Senior Chief, I guess we are among the few who feel that our Country's history is worthy of our respect for the highest office in the land. I also use President Clinton, President Nixon, President Carter, and on and on. It's just the way our generation was raised.

I think it is not so much the generation as it is the individual. I was not raised to pay much attention to politics. But I did learn to respect the billet the person holds for reasons other than the person themself.

I have said it before ... but ... I guess I need to do it again.

I have the greatest of respect for the office - it IS the man I have no respect for.

Not constantly calling him 'President' is NO reflection against the office ... it IS the contempt I hold for the man, manifested in the way I post when discussing him.

I realise that Senior Chief doesn't agree with me ... BUT ... I have absolutely no problems in my OWN mind, accepting this dichotomy. I don't have to live up to someone else's belief system where this is concerned ... my service to my country has earned me the RIGHT to this belief system.

Since I am also an American, the Constitution guarantees me the right and freedom, to openly declare it in the public medium.

I have said it before ... but ... I guess I need to do it again.

I have the greatest of respect for the office - it IS the man I have no respect for.

Not constantly calling him 'President' is NO reflection against the office ... it IS the contempt I hold for the man, manifested in the way I post when discussing him.

I realise that Senior Chief doesn't agree with me ... BUT ... I have absolutely no problems in my OWN mind, accepting this dichotomy. I don't have to live up to someone else's belief system where this is concerned ... my service to my country has earned me the RIGHT to this belief system.

Since I am also an American, the Constitution guarantees me the right and freedom, to openly declare it in the public medium.

It is with great sadness that I say that I have lost all respect for you.

Bear in mind Chief Bones that the Sedition Acts render your freedom of speech right null and void if and when the government that grants you said right determines, on its own, that you have crossed the line.

If you read the thread that Forest Gump started on here about freedom of speech not too long ago and the related links you might be surprised what you learn.

It is with great sadness that I say that I have lost all respect for you.

That is your right ... however ... if you are saying what you have just uttered, because I have AGAIN stated that I have NO respect for the President of the United States - remember, respect MUST be earned and GW has done absolutely NOTHING since assuming the presidency which has earned MY respect. The difference between me and you, seems to be that you like and respect him AND I DON'T.

I respect the office more than you will ever know ... the reasons are my own and personal, and I will NOT articulate what they are. Suffice it to say, I DO separate the two ... the office from the man.

That is your right ... however ... if you are saying what you have just uttered, because I have AGAIN stated that I have NO respect for the President of the United States - remember, respect MUST be earned and GW has done absolutely NOTHING since assuming the presidency which has earned MY respect. The difference between me and you, seems to be that you like and respect him AND I DON'T.

I respect the office more than you will ever know ... the reasons are my own and personal, and I will NOT articulate what they are. Suffice it to say, I DO separate the two ... the office from the man.

In the past I commented that arguments on this board server little purpose to change anyone's mind. That is apparent with your insistant hate mongering for the President of our country.

I have lost respect for someone that knew what the game was when he was in the military and has lost that committment. There are millions of former service members in the U.S. I consider you an ex-military person.

....... .......... hate mongering for the President of our country.

I have lost respect for someone that knew what the game was when he was in the military and has lost that committment. There are millions of former service members in the U.S. I consider you an ex-military person.

Senior Chief
I demand that you show where I 'hate' the president ... not respecting him is one thing (he hasn't earned MY respect) ... hating him is another. I have NEVER hid the fact that I don't like GW or his dad ... I have NEVER on this forum done ANYTHING to earn 'your judgement' either (not that you have a right to judge me).

I have as much right to MY beliefs as you do ... and ... to make the statement that you did, means that you believe that ONLY you have earned the right of making public statements of YOUR beliefs, WHERE THE PRESIDENT IS CONCERNED.

By the way ... MY discharge reads Honorable the same as yours does, and I draw a retirement stipend the same as you do - so DON'T set yourself up as being better than I am ... I have earned the right to be respected for my service to my country the same as you did. I have NOT lost my commitment to my country ... that is one of the reasons that I do post negative and critical comments about a man, who I believe is not worthy of polishing the wood chair in the Oval Office of the President of the United States.

AND

NEITHER YOU NOR ALL OF THE COMMUNISTS IN THE WORLD, HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO TAKE MY RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES FROM ME AS YOU ARE TRYING TO DO (or to muzzle my comments in violation of the Constitution) ... SO CEASE AND DESIST.

Please don't infer that I am trying to start a flame war, this was a post that I could NOT ignore (nor) just refer to the MODS ... it demanded an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back