quote on use of bayonets

--

June 5th, 2004  
bush musketeer

Topic: quote on use of bayonets

This quotes one that my great grandfather used to use on how a bayonet should be used.

"stick it right up em and turn"
June 13th, 2004  
VEK

World War 1? good advice.....
June 13th, 2004  
AFSteliga

That's a good way to use a bayonet.
--
July 30th, 2004  
silent driller

He who loves the bristle of bayonets only sees in the glitter what beforehand he feels in his heart.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
September 2nd, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Here are a couple from Patton:

It is the cold glitter of the attacker's eye not the point of the questing bayonet that breaks the line.

Few men are killed by bayonets, but may are scared by them. Having the bayonet fixed makes our men want to close. Only the threat to close will defeat a determined enemy.
September 2nd, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Marines know how to use their bayonets, Army bayonets may as well be paperweights.

that was actually a quote but i forgot who said it.

No disrespect meant to the army, it was just a quote/joke, it was said by some general after returning from Nam i think, i will check on it later.
December 21st, 2004  
Charge 7

Interesting that it should've been made by a Marine general in Vietnam which saw no bayonet charges by anyone. The last bayonet charge by any branch of the US military was in Korea and it was an Army unit that did it.
December 21st, 2004  
implicature

are bayonets issued today? Sorry i know NOTHING about the armed forces. i am attempting to learn though

author edit ___________________

December 21st, 2004  
03USMC

yep.
December 21st, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by implicature
are bayonets issued today? Sorry i know NOTHING about the armed forces. i am attempting to learn though

author edit ___________________

Oh yeah, the argyll's gave the insurgents some head ahces in iraq with a bayonet charge once they ran out of ammo.
He he they done better with the bayonets than the guns, never give a scotsman a knife!