Question for the future military members

--

June 15th, 2004  
FutureOKtrooper

Topic: Question for the future military members

As most of you know, Iím new to this forum. While ďsnoopingĒ around I noticed a lot of young people who have a desire to join the Armed Forces. Iíve always been interested in knowing why you want to join and why you are choosing the branch you are. However, I wonít ask you anything that I havenít answered yet. Itís only fair.
I joined when I was 19. I previously was enrolled at University of Arkansas. Letís just say I had a little too much fun. I lost my scholarship so I had to do something. My life was literally going down the drain. While walking through the mall one weekend, I found my answer, the United States Air Force.
I must admit I didnít join to ďserveĒ my country. I was greedy. I joined for the money. More specifically, I joined for the GI Bill. As time went on however, I realized there was a lot going on in this world. The world, as I once thought, did not revolve around my life. To make a long story short, I now sever for my COUNTRY!
Five years ago I made a life-altering decision. Turns out, it was the greatest decision of my life. I canít begin to tell all of you young people out there the pride that will soon follow your enlistment/commission.
June 15th, 2004  
silent driller

Joining for the tradition and pride. And the title of Marine.
June 18th, 2004  
airmanpatroler

To get the chicks 8)
--
June 18th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Tradition, the Title of United States Marine, pride, honor, service to my country and fellow citizens, knowing that it's right.
June 19th, 2004  
MosquitoMan

First of all, I want to join the Marines. I want to join because I want to know that I've done something in my life, I want to help people, for my own pride, military teaches you things that you can't learn anywhere else, and lastly for the chicks 8)
June 19th, 2004  
AFSteliga

I joined to serve my country. End of story.
June 19th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanpatroler
To get the chicks 8)
Yep that pretty much sums it up.

Ahem, for the experience. My bro says its loads of fun :P

I advocate the duty of all healthy American men to serve, so lead by example right?

And also for the discipline and like Mosquito said, the military teaches you things you can't learn anywhere else.
June 19th, 2004  
mvilla2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanpatroler
To get the chicks 8)
HA! thats funny........ lol

As a "chick" of a deployed soldier, no chick that is actually SANE would choose a military relationship.... hehe..... that being said.... I still like a guy in his BDUs 8)
June 20th, 2004  
FutureOKtrooper

To get the chicks? Well, at least you guys are being honest.
June 20th, 2004  
Pogue

I can't explain why I want to do this so bad. It's been my dream since I was 6, and ROTC's makin it happen.