Question for the future military members - Page 4

--

December 1st, 2004  
egoz

So here's my story. I've wanted to be an astronaut ever since I could walk and talk. Which led me to wanting to be a pilot, which eventually led me to realizing that the military was for me. So since then I've put things together here and there, taking flying lessons doing the engineering thing, then snooping around asking recruiters some questions.
It came to the point with 9/11 and Iraqi Freedom it made me want to join sooner. Which is where I'm at now. I'm thinking Army MI because I've had this "007" thing in the back of my head my entire life also. I think that little obsession of mine goes almost as far back as wanting to go to the moon. But so far the Army has the best educational benefits, since I plan to persue an advanced degree, and I can fly helos which will get me close to the action. Not only that the Army has an astronaut program too, so who knows, maybe that time will come.
December 2nd, 2004  
Banzai

I wanna kill ppl and not get in trouble. No, I actually wanted to be a spaceman too. I may get that chance coming up, but we'll have to wait and see. My vision is just off enough to x me from the fighter pilot stuff despite my asvab score so there goes that dream. But I come from a family of grunts. Men that have seen hard dirty war. I have a daughter that I wouldn't have had if I had chosen a certain ill fated flight. 9/11 was way close to home for me. So I did my homework and ended up on the Corps. Yes the dress blues are known as panty droppers, but no real need for that in my case. I compared history of the different branches and compared the amount of b******t the recruiters gave me. I got no BS from my Marine recruiter. Didn't promise me a damn thing, didn't tell me all these wonderful stories. So now I'm here waiting to be shipped. My advice to applicants, before you sign the dotted line. Spend much time doing ur homework on the matter. See who can offer you what in writing. And see who has the history and tradition that most appeals to you. When you do get yourself in, remember not to disgrace your service and the memory of those who came before you.
December 2nd, 2004  
catalinargonzalez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai
My advice to applicants, before you sign the dotted line. Spend much time doing ur homework on the matter. See who can offer you what in writing. And see who has the history and tradition that most appeals to you. When you do get yourself in, remember not to disgrace your service and the memory of those who came before you.

WOW! VERY WELL SAID, BANZAI!
--
December 11th, 2004  
Lamm

I want to become a Marine. I want to have more confidence, become disciplined, have honor, courage. commitment, serve my country, and maybe do some good. Why Marines? They're the best fighting force in the U.S. and maybe even the world. It's harder to become a Marine than it is to become a soldier. I want to earn the title. I want the hardest and toughest way out. The brotherhood, and because its more "team" than "one."
Lamm
December 11th, 2004  
CESSNA

To serve my country and fly the baddest jets around.
December 12th, 2004  
dougal

For a life less ordinary
December 12th, 2004  
Ed

The Awesomeness of the actual job

National Pride and Duty

The honour of serving
December 16th, 2004  
Bory

I bascially wanted to join since I was 6 when I wore my Pops medals on ANZAC Day. I felt so pround, and wanted to do something for my country like my pop.