Pull out of Iraq

Should we pull out of Iraq?

• Total voters
The answer to your poll is no longer a simple one.

If we pull out immediately before we complete the mission, thousands would have died for nothing. Another Vietnam is DEFINITELY not something I would be in favor of.

I would equate Iraq to another Northern Ireland or West Bank/Gaza scenario long before I think it would become another Vietnam.
I also think that as time has progressed the answer to this poll has become easier to answer, basically if you pull out now or in the near future (and I am guessing 2-5 years minimum) Iraq will degenerate into civil war and end up another Afghanistan only with a better funded terrorist.

it is one of those things where you can't just say pull or stay. As long as extremism exists there will be problems, but we must stay long enough to at least stabalize them

MontyB
I am afraid that I must disagree with you ... if we pull out now without completing our mission, Vietnam is exactly what will be brought up when other people find fault with the decision. America will be accused of being unable to carry through with ANY tough situation. The fact that the situation was of our own government's making, would make the disaffection of the rest of the world a 1,000% worse than it is now.

BELIEVE IT.

MontyB
I am afraid that I must disagree with you ... if we pull out now without completing our mission, Vietnam is exactly what will be brought up when other people find fault with the decision. America will be accused of being unable to carry through with ANY tough situation. The fact that the situation was of our own government's making, would make the disaffection of the rest of the world a 1,000% worse than it is now.

BELIEVE IT.

I agree completely while I dont believe you should have gone there in the first place it would be the worst option available to pull out now.

Back