Progressive Warrior

koalaburger

I have been thinking about someone saying on this site that people expressing left/liberal/progressive point of view on this site were trolls. I think this may be as a result of the impression in the US that only republicans are warriors and democrats and lefties are pussies. In Australia some of our warriors are very left wing. Tom Uren was a POW of the Japanese and after the war became a Government Minister and a member of the Australia/Japan friendship association. I believe in social justice, free education and medical care for all. After that you can own as many yachts as you want. The only difference between me and a right winger is in a war after i kill a guy for a split second I feel sad for his kids before I blow his best friends brains out. I have been in the reserves and have been up the sharp end in other ways for my society and I resent the idea I can't be progressive/liberal and military minded.

Actually there are plenty of folks who are leftist and yet very militaristic. Unfortunately for us the bulk of these folks made up our enemies such as the FARC, Chinese Communist Guerillas under Mao, Che Guevara etc. so the concept itself is not as alien as one may think.
But dude, being conservative pays better! :D

The only difference between me and a right winger is in a war after i kill a guy for a split second I feel sad for his kids before I blow his best friends brains out. I have been in the reserves and have been up the sharp end in other ways for my society and I resent the idea I can't be progressive/liberal and military minded.
Your comments seem a little hypocritical to me. You don't want others judging your military prowess based on your liberal views, yet you're basically saying all of those with conservative views are cold blooded killers with no conscience. Basically, you're doing what you claim others do to you. Just sayin'

Oh, and Blackwater doesn't exist anymore. Might want to find other work. :mrgreen:

PJ that's for him to figure out. Few people make sense so I don't really expect him to.
Who knows, he might be one of those guys who can cuddle a puppy and then throw him off a bridge, come home and still consider himself an animal lover!

PJ that's for him to figure out. Few people make sense so I don't really expect him to.
Who knows, he might be one of those guys who can cuddle a puppy and then throw him off a bridge, come home and still consider himself an animal lover!

LMFAO...........

No one have said leftist can´t be good soldiers..
Team Alfa and Vympel are quite good..:sarc:

Yeah PJ it sucks to have a stereotype put on you eh?

On me? Not at all, you don't even know if I'm liberal or conservative. I think it just makes you look a little silly since you can't prove your point without the juvenile hypocrisy. That's all my brother.

Nice try at saving it though! :D

left ...right

The continuum depends on your perspective. As a Reservist in Canada and a Child Protection worker, I have seen it all. Our Canadian system of free medical, support the poor, etc, has created a generational sense of entitlement to many members of our Society. While these same members take no accountability for their personal lack of ambition, they transfer this to their children; their parenting and often the substance abuse.

Is left - right the battle ground or morals and values of individuals?

Yeah PJ ya got a point. I guess i get so sick of the knee jerk reaction of being called a liberal pussy or a wimp I overreacted to get in first with a right wing thug type shot. On thinking about it I don't think I am left wing when taking into account most democratic societies. I would argue I am "not far right." as in the model in the US where the emblem should be a big dog eating a smaller dog. I prefer a fair society where you help the poor instead of bankrupting yourself building jails. I also agree it is a balancing act to make sure they are deserving and they still retain a sense of self responsibility. I believe we have a good balance in Australia with free medical and unlimited unemployment benefits. We also get a minimum 4 weeks holiday a year and our productivity is fairly high. Also with the universal medical care we pay about half per GDP than the US. I think we gained these benefits by having strong unions who fought for them.

Last edited:
Back