Private Contractors

--

July 19th, 2004  
Big_Z

Topic: Private Contractors

What are your thoughts on these organizations? Some companys like Blackwater recruits only ex special forces guys like Rangers, Green berets, SAS and so fourth. Some of these men can make upwards of $2,000 a day or even more..... They are basically massive special forces units that answer only to money and their employers.
July 19th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Topic: Re: Private Contractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
What are your thoughts on these organizations? Some companys like Blackwater recruits only ex special forces guys like Rangers, Green berets, SAS and so fourth. Some of these men can make upwards of $2,000 a day or even more..... They are basically massive special forces units that answer only to money and their employers.
My thoughts are you have no clue as to what you are talking about.
July 19th, 2004  
Italian Guy

As far as I know they dont recruit ex forces only. We've had a lot of this on tv in the past months, since Fabrizio Quattrocchi and the other hostages were private contractors.
It's a free and legal job. the more risky, the more rewarded, as its right.
--
July 20th, 2004  
Big_Z

We are obviously talking about something different. In Afghanistan, bodyguards from a company called DynCorp protect President Hamid Karzai he was guarded by American special forces before them.
A south African company named "Executive outcomes" was formed out of a disbanded special forces unit. They operated in North Africa in a country called Sierra Leone where they decimated a 10,000 strong militia group called RUF with 300 men.

"80 such companies were involved in the Angolan civil war alone between 1975 and 2003, companies staffed with decommissioned gladiators from all over the world: French Foreign Legionnaires, South African paratroopers, Ukrainian pilots, Nepalese Ghurkas. "
http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/englis...298144,00.html

I don't have the slightest clue what i'm talking about do I?
I said "some", of course a PC company isnt going to recruit special forces soldiers to deliver food. Some of these companies wont even return your call if you dont have at least 4 years of special forces under your belt.
History channel had a 2 hour special on it last night thats what made me post this.
July 20th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Yes I thought that documentary 'inspired' you. I saw it too, very interesting.
July 20th, 2004  
Big_Z

Yea i found those EO guys incredible. 300 men vs 10,000 is unbelievable.
July 20th, 2004  
soldierzhonor

I saw it too and it stated 300 vs. 17,500 I do believe

the way they portrayed these guys was to keep the US from comitting boots on the ground and avoiding UNno no's lol. Hey, if it works...
July 20th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
History channel had a 2 hour special on it last night thats what made me post this.
Figures. That was a horrible "documentary." For a portrayal of PMCs in the 60s and 70s, it was good .. if you believe you learned anything about PMCs of today, you are highly mistaken.

Quote:
Some of these companies wont even return your call if you dont have at least 4 years of special forces under your belt.
Name them. You mentioned DynCorp .. their main hiring pool are cops. KBR was mentioned .. not all former SOF operators. MPRI, mostly former GOs, and made quite the mess down in Columbia, requiring US SF to clean it up. Blackwater recruits more than former SOF operators as well.

Quote:
They are basically massive special forces units that answer only to money and their employers.
There is a difference between PMCs, PSCs and Mercs.

This is why I said you have no clue as to what you are talking about, because you do not.
July 20th, 2004  
Big_Z

soldierzhonor = Yea but i just didn't think anyone on this site would believe that figure RnderSafe = did you even read my post and read the others here commenting? Executive Outcome is the PMC whos members consisted of a disbanded special forces unit. I never said dyncorp only hired special forces i said they guarded the afghan president.
July 20th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
RnderSafe = did you even read my post and read the others here commenting? Executive Outcome is the PMC whos members consisted of a disbanded special forces unit. I never said dyncorp only hired special forces i said they guarded the afghan president.
If you wish to play this game .. *sigh*

Quote:
Some companys like Blackwater recruits only ex special forces guys like Rangers, Green berets, SAS and so fourth
Quote:
I said "some", of course a PC company isnt going to recruit special forces soldiers to deliver food.
Yes I read your posts, did you? I also never said you claimed DynCorp only hires ex-SOF operators, it was used as an example because you mentioned it. You did, however, state that Blackwater only hires from that particular pool, which is, to say the least, completely wrong.

What others have to say in this thread have nothing to do with what you said.

I am also well aware of EO and their accomplishments as well as mistakes, before they were ran out of business to cover the UN's ineptness, they were one of the best companies to work for and with.