Porous Borders

How many CEO's would want to risk 10 years in Federal Prison for knowingly hiring an Illegal? A Company which has many Illegals could land the person in charge in Prison for a few hundred years.

I'd say it is a risk Employers would not wish to take, but there is a sure fire way to find out.... and that's give it a try.

How many taxpayers would want to foot the bill to build, staff and maintain enough prisons to hold these CEO's and any other crimes against the "state" you may deem necessary? After all the costs will be climbing massively without the cheap construction labour.

I have an idea for US Border Protection.

1. Allow our Law Enforcement Officers to enfore Federal and State immigration laws.
2. Allow our Law enforcement Officers to defend themselves.
3. Instead of putting our Border Patrol Agents in Prison, how about we put the damn illegal immigrant drug smuggler in prison.
4. Allow our National Guard to do what their name says. Guard the Nation.
5. The US National Guard is not restricted under the Posse Comitatus Act when they are acting under orders of the State and not the Federal Government.
6. Change US National Guard SOPs from watching and running away to fighting back and arresting.

As a Legal Immigrant, I am for the 100% closer of our borders. Illegal Immigrants steal and rob all of the effort that i have put forth to live a productive life. They are criminals. I am not someone that is against legal immigration. If you wish to come to the into the USA. Do it legally!

I have an idea for US Border Protection.

1. Allow our Law Enforcement Officers to enfore Federal and State immigration laws.
2. Allow our Law enforcement Officers to defend themselves.
3. Instead of putting our Border Patrol Agents in Prison, how about we put the damn illegal immigrant drug smuggler in prison.
4. Allow our National Guard to do what their name says. Guard the Nation.
5. The US National Guard is not restricted under the Posse Comitatus Act when they are acting under orders of the State and not the Federal Government.
6. Change US National Guard SOPs from watching and running away to fighting back and arresting.

As a Legal Immigrant, I am for the 100% closer of our borders. Illegal Immigrants steal and rob all of the effort that i have put forth to live a productive life. They are criminals. I am not someone that is against legal immigration. If you wish to come to the into the USA. Do it legally!

Can't say I disagree with you although isn't this how its meant to work already?

One question I have though is whether this is a job for the National Guard, surely the nations borders are a job for the existing border agencies even if they need to be equipped and funded to do the job properly?

As long as people think they can get jobs and a better life in America they will keep coming. No wall, moat, minefield, border patrol, or law is going to stop people from coming. The frontier and coasts are simply too large to cover. Its very much like the war on Drugs, for every 1 the police stop 9 more get though. The only way you are going to stop people from coming is to not give them a reason to come. Do this by two methods

1. Go after the employers of illegals. Make the penalties severe and make a few examples to make sure employers don't cheat. Once the illegals already here cannot get jobs they will go home and they will bring home the message that coming to America is not the solution to their economic problems. This is already working in Europe as illegals from Africa are increasingly returning home bringing with them the news that they are not welcome in Europe.

2. At the same time, instead of throwing aid money to corrupt government officials who simply steal it as we do now, use that money to invest into infrastructure projects in those countries, especially those that provide jobs. If people have jobs at home they will have no need to illegally immigrate elsewhere.

In other words...

1. Go after the employers of illegals. Make the penalties severe and make a few examples to make sure employers don't cheat. Once the illegals already here cannot get jobs they will go home and they will bring home the message that coming to America is not the solution to their economic problems. This is already working in Europe as illegals from Africa are increasingly returning home bringing with them the news that they are not welcome in Europe.

Are you suggesting that perhaps the United States of America begin upholding the laws which are already on the books? Be careful, you are begining to make sense. :bravo:

How many taxpayers would want to foot the bill to build, staff and maintain enough prisons to hold these CEO's and any other crimes against the "state" you may deem necessary? After all the costs will be climbing massively without the cheap construction labour.

The United States is in the process of closing, and has already closed a whole bunch of Military Bases, which in turn can be used to house an awful lot of Prisoners right away.

Hmm well as I have only been to a couple of US bases I can't comment on their construction but I know New Zealand ones suffer from a similar problem to the USA in that they also have porous borders which makes it difficult to lock people in.

Back