Poll-Most Dangerous Country. - Page 2

View Poll Results :Which country do you see as the most threatning to world peace and democracy?
Iran 4 28.57%
Syria 0 0%
North Korea 5 35.71%
China 4 28.57%
USA 1 7.14%
Israel 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

February 20th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

How about the fact that even as they grow the people in the EU are becoming more and more anti-semitic and the government of the EU is trying to cover it up. Can you imagine living in a world where there was a power economically and militarily as strong as the US and anti-semitic? Sounds like WW3 in the making.
February 20th, 2004  
Anonymous

Well, that's just it - the EU isn't as strong as the US militarily, and won't be - not for a very, very long time, and by then, they'll have bickered and fought to much that the EU won't even exist.
February 20th, 2004  
Tessa

I wish Sweden wasn't into the EU.. Seriously..

EU is just made for trying to build a defense againt US..

I say.. Good luck.
--
Boots
February 20th, 2004  
Anonymous

I know how you feel, Silver. I'm originally from Ireland, and they passed the vote to become part of the EU. I despise the euro.
February 20th, 2004  
NuclearDog

Topic: It was hard to answer

it was hard to answer
February 20th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Russia may be a problem as well. Putin is a sly one, and hes slowly gaining more and more power. I too able skepticle of the EU, but not militarily. I think France and some other nations are taking away individuals rights.
February 20th, 2004  
Anonymous

Quote:
I think France and some other nations are taking away individuals rights.
Yes, I agree .. mainly France and Germany. It's no secret that the new united Europe has evolved into an elitist oligarchy run by a clique of left-wing "knowledgecrats." However, unlike in the United States, one important political ingredient is missing in the new United Europe -- accountability to the electorate. The true EU decision makers are appointed not elected. They hold sway over a growing collectivist empire that extinguishes national sovereignty wherever possible and scorns the will of ordinary Europeans wherever and whenever possible.
February 20th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Thats what happens when you completly secularize a country.
February 21st, 2004  
Redneck

Well, I'm sure you all saw this in the news, but France's outlawing of religious headgear is pretty disturbing to me. I know it's not my religion, but what's next? Banning Crucifixes? Prohibiting carrying a Bible in public?

Quote:
First they arrested the communists -- but I was not a communist, so I did nothing. Then they came for the social democrats, but I was not a social democrat, so I did nothing. Then they arrested the trade unionists -- and I did nothing because I was not one. And then they came for the Jews and the Catholics, but I was neither a Jew nor a Catholic and I did nothing. At last they came and arrested me -- and there was no one left to do anything about it.

~ Rev. Martin Niemoller,
Nazi death camp survivor
February 21st, 2004  
GuyontheRight

At least now the Muslims have somone else to be pissed off about.