Police being racist?

>30 years ago when involved with gangs and drugs the police were my enemies. Now with a house and family the police are my friend. I have known the police quite intimately from both sides of the looking glass. Keep your nose clean and your chances of having trouble with the man are exceptionally low, and he will be their when your house - car, etc. are robbed. Sure a rare loser may pop up but that is true of every profession. To call all police racist is itself a form of prejudice.

Maybe the ass-rape incident in NYC was 15 years ago. But there are many more crimes committed by cops today. If you want to learn how to kill & get away with it, be a cop. If you want to learn how to steal & get away with it, be a cop.

Just pay attention to the media. Are they right? Are they wrong? Who's telling the truth?
I'd have to say, in these instances, the media usually is. Because I have been on the receiving end of police abuse. Personal experience trumps what anyone else says.

Maybe the ass-rape incident in NYC was 15 years ago. But there are many more crimes committed by cops today. If you want to learn how to kill & get away with it, be a cop. If you want to learn how to steal & get away with it, be a cop.

Just pay attention to the media. Are they right? Are they wrong? Who's telling the truth?
I'd have to say, in these instances, the media usually is. Because I have been on the receiving end of police abuse. Personal experience trumps what anyone else says.

How may times were you arrested? Have you spent time in the holding center or jail? I was arrested numerous times and the police were only rough with me once and that was because I was causing them problems. I also worked the door at several seedy bars in rough parts of town and the police nearly always handled things without violence, very professionally.
When I've needed their help they've responded promptly and helped to fullest extent. This is my personal experience.

That's exactly the point. The Media exists solely to stir the pot. Boring stories do not make money. It's that simple. You are overtly and unnecessarily clumping thousands of good, honest officers with the bad apples of the bunch. It's just like if you said that because of a single Drill Sergeant you had in basic training, all NCOs are now aholes and idiots. It's inaccurate, and down right not unfair. There are good cops out there. But if you relay on the media to see them, good luck to you.

Quite true, crazytanker. None of the Little House on the Prairie stories, instead it's blood guts and gore, and if it's not gory enough, they'll make it up.

JOC, just as not all cops are bad, not all are good either. Maybe when I was a kid a few of those arrests were justified (I completely disagree, but that's for another time). But getting arrested, home invaded without a warrant and computer confiscated without a warrant all because I had a poor opinion of a political figure...? Yeah, my fault. I made the mistake of believing there was still the Freedom of Speech.

Yes you do have a right to free speech and to demonstrate but only within the confines of the law. The protestors that are protesting now are breaking the law. Blocking public motorways is against the law, assaulting police officers is against the law, burning buildings is arson which is against the law, stealing is against the law, and rioting, unless peaceful, as long as you have a brain, is against better judgement.

Quite true, crazytanker. None of the Little House on the Prairie stories, instead it's blood guts and gore, and if it's not gory enough, they'll make it up.

JOC, just as not all cops are bad, not all are good either. Maybe when I was a kid a few of those arrests were justified (I completely disagree, but that's for another time). But getting arrested, home invaded without a warrant and computer confiscated without a warrant all because I had a poor opinion of a political figure...? Yeah, my fault. I made the mistake of believing there was still the Freedom of Speech.

This certainly does sound uncalled for. They should have had a warrant, if not they were A**holes. Or carrying out a job for an A**hole.
Come to think of it Dusty it's been a long time, but I remember one cop who planted something on a suspect because he couldn't catch the guy red-handed. He was know for being a liar and a jerk. I forgot about him.
But in my experience with the police he was an exception.

We have to remember as third party spectators that we're not getting the full story. We never are, and never will. The reason for this is that we get our information through a business whose sole function is to make money. Therefore, while it is mostly true, they stir the pot constantly. If a black criminal kills a white officer, there's no money maker to that. The general argument is that police officers accept that risk when they become police officers.

What if, however, the reverse were applied? That criminals accept the risk of deadly force when they become criminals?
All businesses function is to make money. The Press is supposed to report the facts, but since Watergate they have moved way Left (85% are reg. Democrats) & steer the news instead of reporting facts. White Officers oppressing blacks furthers The Agenda of the Left. Reporters looked uncomfortable with Police being heros after 9-11, One was practically gushing when she finally got to report a white cop abusing a black guy in L.A. a while after 9-11.

It don't matter if someone get shot and killed any more. Nowadays it only matters if a cop shot and killed them and people don't relize that that police officer shot mike brown not because he didn't like the way he looked or walked differently but be cause he saw him and his friend walking with cigarettes and alcohol that had been reported stolen from a nearby store. They had been reported to be very aggressive and possibly armed. When a police officer responds to a call like that or just sees the subjects of that crime walking down the street afterwards, they start praying. Praying that they will get out of that dark street or alleyway alive to see their family and the light of day again.
Actually he was shot because he attacked a cop & tried to take his gun from him. Good way of getting yourself shot.

Don't know where you are but the trial is over he was found innocent by a jury and all the evidence coincides with his story there were other witnesses that said they saw mike brown attack the officer repeatedly while in his car and on the street. People like Al Sharpton are painting the picture that all police agencies are racist and that everybody in them are racist. If you want to join that group then go right on ahead I won't stop you. But that police officer did his job and if he wasn't afraid that night while mike brown was assaulting him then something is wrong. I forgot who said it but someone said that courage is not the absence of fear but the will to over come it. I'm not saying that that officer was courageous or something, he did his job, but what that says is that no matter what you should have fear because that is what keeps you in reality.
Was no trial, just a presentation before a Grand Jury that found no reason to persue an indictment. Some who testified he had is hands up changed their statements when under Oath.

Does sort of Al has been rabble rousing but with less intensity do too his financial problems .

Will you stop with tax sh#$%t and Reverend Sharpton please. Nada to do with the subject at hand.
Rev. Al & Jesse Jackson have made a career out of fanning the flames of racial unrest.

Ferguson Commentary

Yes mike brown was shot because he attacked a police officer. And I agree that is an easy way to get shot. I was explaining why he was stopped in the first place but thank you for finishing for me George.

Just curious were did Sharpton get his Doctor of Divinity Michael Savage has offered a reward if some one can tell him .

Yes you do have a right to free speech and to demonstrate but only within the confines of the law.
Exactly. You can be allowed to speak your opinion if the government approves of it.

The protestors that are protesting now are breaking the law. Blocking public motorways is against the law, assaulting police officers is against the law, burning buildings is arson which is against the law, stealing is against the law, and rioting, unless peaceful, as long as you have a brain, is against better judgement.
There are the protestors and then there are the human trash. The protestors are not breaking the law. The human trash is.

Just curious were did Sharpton get his Doctor of Divinity Michael Savage has offered a reward if some one can tell him .
Hmmm. Never thought of it like that.

Back