Pilot said 'this is fun' before fatal Blackwater crash - Page 2

--

October 5th, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Might may be right, but it will bite us on the bum before we're finished. Ask Saddam.

Here we are wondering why we are losing credibility in the world, meanwhile we have thugs running riot in foreign countries and there's every chance that the system will let them get away with it.

Ahhh well,.... It'll probably convince another few thousand Muslims that it's time to get off their collective arses and fight back. All I ask is that we remember all of this when we read about the next IED casualties, when we see the next plane load of injured and dead coming home. Our own inaction was most probably part of the cause.

Yeah,... I'm losing my sense of humour about all of this, because we are rapidly turning into our own worst enemies. The suits make policy, but it's poor old "boots on the ground" that dies because of their rash decisions.
I say Follow the Money, then take the Money away.

I believe without big bucks for Defense Contractors there would be no reason to have a War in Iraq, after all, there is only one way to get that kind of Cash out of the United States Treasury in a hurry without proper oversight, and thats have a War.

Blackwater has made I believe a billion off the War so far from what I have read, so the quickest way to end it would be that they be sued for a Billion and Bankrupted. It will make such companies think twice about moving into a War Zone.
October 5th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Then I suggest that you let that be known by the clowns that control the purse strings. The same clowns that decided to hire PMC's instead of authorizing MILITARY UNITS to detailed to protection assignments.
From what I can see and hear the "clowns" don't take much notice of their US citizens, we wouldn't even get a look in, but that doesn't mean that we have no opinion.

Quote:
For the record the US Army and Marines have no problem being detailed to the kind of services that PMC's are providing and have units that are trained to do it.
I can understand that, bigtime

Quote:
They didn't make the call civilians at Defense and State made that call not the Military.

Now I'll leave and let the Pacific Rim pontifacting continue.
I think it's a pity a few more people regardless of where they come from, didn't give it a bit of constructive thought, it's pretty obvious that no one else has. One of the problems with us ANZACS having only "pissant" armed forces is that we can't rely on technology and sheer weight of numbers, we've got to think carefully before committing our resources. Funnily enough in the past it has often enabled us to punch well above our perceived weight.

Good planning is never wasted.
October 5th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator
I say Follow the Money, then take the Money away.

I believe without big bucks for Defense Contractors there would be no reason to have a War in Iraq, after all, there is only one way to get that kind of Cash out of the United States Treasury in a hurry without proper oversight, and thats have a War.

Blackwater has made I believe a billion off the War so far from what I have read, so the quickest way to end it would be that they be sued for a Billion and Bankrupted. It will make such companies think twice about moving into a War Zone.
Well Gator, you've certainly opened a whole new can of worms here, it's a nice piece of lateral thinking. I had never thought along those lines myself, but I do realise that there's nothing like a good war to get the money flowing. There are also the "run on" benefits to industry.
--
October 5th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:

whats that saying you're so fond of?

ah yes "nice rhetoric, it looks good on you"

no need to slap down an outsiders view, just take it at what ever value you see fit
October 5th, 2007  
03USMC

Well if you choose to blame the Military for something it had/has no control over. The use of or ROE's of the PMC's were made by the civilians who gave them the contracts.

So if you or the rest of the contingent feels the need to get high and mighty and all knowing all seeing. At least get the facts right on who is to blame for the use of PMC'S.

And really it wasn't rhetoric. I'm quite content to let you stand on your balcony in your ivory tower and cast about your your anti-US beliefs. I just let you and the rest know I knew you would continue in the previous vain.
October 5th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:
Well if you choose to blame the Military for something it had/has no control over. The use of or ROE's of the PMC's were made by the civilians who gave them the contracts.

So if you or the rest of the contingent feels the need to get high and mighty and all knowing all seeing. At least get the facts right on who is to blame for the use of PMC'S.

i dont think anyone has blamed the military for the use of blackwater?

i know i certainly haven't
October 5th, 2007  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi
Bang on the money.

These private companys are not held to the same standards as the military and soley to save a buck or two, choice here.

I feel so sorry for the families that lost their loved ones, but got to say also that the military is at fault.

The needed to provide the services in the first place.

Not having cowboys running the show.

There ya go. Thats what I was responding to.
October 6th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:
There ya go. Thats what I was responding to.

ah, sorry my bad.
October 6th, 2007  
A Can of Man

It's good to see we're understanding each other.
The military gets a lot of flack over things it does not get to decide. And too often the private sector gets away with decisions or actions they have committed.
October 11th, 2007  
Kiwi

Quote:
Then I suggest that you let that be known by the clowns that control the purse strings. The same clowns that decided to hire PMC's instead of authorizing MILITARY UNITS to detailed to protection assignments.

For the record the US Army and Marines have no problem being detailed to the kind of services that PMC's are providing and have units that are trained to do it.

They didn't make the call civilians at Defense and State made that call not the Military.

Thats your problem Civvys making a economic choice over a defence one.

I would be glad to have a sit down with them, but more the feeling I would be banged up after it

Maybe its womans logic but if you have a defence issue should it not be a military person that deicdes on it.

Its like today I blow out the ward funds by 700,000 in one month. I informed the powers that be, that I am a nurse not an accountant.

Some idea applys. Get the correct person with the right skills to make that final choice.

These companys are recuriting military rejects and young kids. In the long run the government will pay a higher price due to the increase of lives lost, due to poor training and pyscho attitudes.

BTW: I for one I love the US Army and Marine, sweet boys that always have great coffee.