The Philippine Marine Corps - Page 2




 
--
 
November 11th, 2004  
Brotchador
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Jungle scenerio. I would say that the Filipino Marines have an advantage. After all that is where most of their operations are conducted. As far as the match up Marine vs Marine I'd say it's pretty even as far esprit de corps etc. It's not a fight you want to be in.
I say their tough cuz they are. They can hump patrol etc. like nobodies business.
Hmmm.... i admire your candidness 03USMC, but i dont think you have to worry about our Marines! Filipinos are pro-Americans mainly because we share the same ideas about freedom, the value of life and liberty.

we have both shed blood in Bataan, Corregidor, Korea and Vietnam in defense of those beliefs.

Doesn't it feel good to have them on your side?
November 11th, 2004  
dougal
 
 
Wasnt there overseas mission in Iraq.

Read the magazine Combatt. An English Mag and they pure toke the piss out of them which wasnt fair. Havent read it since now!
November 11th, 2004  
Brotchador
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal
Wasnt there overseas mission in Iraq.

Read the magazine Combatt. An English Mag and they pure toke the piss out of them which wasnt fair. Havent read it since now!
There was a token Philippine contingent sent to Iraq but was withdrawn a full month ahead of schedule because of the hostage taking of a Filipino truck driver who was threatened with beheading, most of us here were outraged at that decision by our goverment and shocked that a sovereign country like ours would succumb to pressure from terrorist, as a result we were ridiculed , berated, belittled, scorned, humiliated, accused of cowardice, the troops took it all in stride and bore their anger in silence, anger at the goverment for the shame it has caused the troops, in a country where the latin culture of 'Machismo" prevails it was a blow that was akin to being called "IMPOTENT"

btw, most of those troops were Army guys with a sprinkling of Marines and Police personnel
--
November 11th, 2004  
Brotchador
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal
Wasnt there overseas mission in Iraq.

Read the magazine Combatt. An English Mag and they pure toke the piss out of them which wasnt fair. Havent read it since now!
Dougal, i love your signature man! did you make that up yourself or was it a quote?
November 11th, 2004  
dougal
 
 
Quote:
Dougal, i love your signature man! did you make that up yourself or was it a quote?
No but its taken from one of our Countrys Heros who fought for our freedom against the Brits.

They called him the 'Big Fella'. Cant say who because theres a guees on in Help who said that.

Its an unreal quote.
November 12th, 2004  
03USMC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotchador
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Jungle scenerio. I would say that the Filipino Marines have an advantage. After all that is where most of their operations are conducted. As far as the match up Marine vs Marine I'd say it's pretty even as far esprit de corps etc. It's not a fight you want to be in.
I say their tough cuz they are. They can hump patrol etc. like nobodies business.
Hmmm.... i admire your candidness 03USMC, but i dont think you have to worry about our Marines! Filipinos are pro-Americans mainly because we share the same ideas about freedom, the value of life and liberty.

we have both shed blood in Bataan, Corregidor, Korea and Vietnam in defense of those beliefs.


Yes it does.

Yes it does feel good to have them on my side. And I consider them one of the staunchest Allies of the U.S.

Doesn't it feel good to have them on your side?
November 13th, 2004  
Brotchador
 
 
They are good cause they were patterned and moulded after the USMC
November 13th, 2004  
cbbr08
 
When i was in Okinawa Japan(99-00), there was an Operation called "Gold something" and it was to rebuild a base in the PI. Does anybody know what that was about??