Palin Makes The Case for Someone Else

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how long the Palin popularity bubble lasts, we have seen this often in the past when a "marketable" candidate appears on the scene (Clarke was a good example of this) the polls jump one way but as time goes on substance replaces popularity and the fall off the radar.
It never pays to be too "popular", especially in politics. Already the scandals are surfacing. Did I say surfacing? "EMERGENGY!!!...Blow all tanks"

It will be interesting to see how long the Palin popularity bubble lasts, we have seen this often in the past when a "marketable" candidate appears on the scene (Clarke was a good example of this) the polls jump one way but as time goes on substance replaces popularity and the fall off the radar.

Her popularity is already waning. There are several reasons:

A. She has been caught in several lies including:

1. Bridge to Nowhere (which she DID support and DID receive the money).
2. Her request for earmarks (The is documented proof about her enthusiasm for Pork). Including #1.
3. Her trips abroad which never happened or were highly exaggerated.
4. Her involvement in the troopergate scandal, in typical GOP fashion her pals are refusing to testify and may face prison. Innocent people don't tell their friends to clam up when they are under Investigation.

B. Its apparent she is woefully out of her league. there have even been some GOP heavies that think shes unsuited. It was very embarrassing to the McCain Campaign when she didn't know what the "Bush Doctrine" was.

C. People have begun to realize that behind the smile lies a person whose beliefs are extremist in nature. For example, When she said she was against abortion in all cases (including rape and incest) that sent a chill down the spine every single pro-choice woman in America (about 70% of all of them). And she suggested going to war with Russia over Georgia, most people froze.

Her popularity is already waning. There are several reasons:

A. She has been caught in several lies including:

1. Bridge to Nowhere (which she DID support and DID receive the money).
2. Her request for earmarks (The is documented proof about her enthusiasm for Pork). Including #1.
3. Her trips abroad which never happened or were highly exaggerated.
4. Her involvement in the troopergate scandal, in typical GOP fashion her pals are refusing to testify and may face prison. Innocent people don't tell their friends to clam up when they are under Investigation.

B. Its apparent she is woefully out of her league. there have even been some GOP heavies that think shes unsuited. It was very embarrassing to the McCain Campaign when she didn't know what the "Bush Doctrine" was.

C. People have begun to realize that behind the smile lies a person whose beliefs are extremist in nature. For example, When she said she was against abortion in all cases (including rape and incest) that sent a chill down the spine every single pro-choice woman in America (about 70% of all of them). And she suggested going to war with Russia over Georgia, most people froze.

I noticed the other day that some "woman's voting organisation" had chosen to endorse Obama and some senior Republican was saying that he felt she was not ready for the role, it will make life hard for McCain if she becomes dead weight which is a bit disappointing because I still like McCain.

How about we negotiate a Biden/McCain campaign (any order you like)?

:)

I noticed the other day that some "woman's voting organisation" had chosen to endorse Obama and some senior Republican was saying that he felt she was not ready for the role, it will make life hard for McCain if she becomes dead weight which is a bit disappointing because I still like McCain.

How about we negotiate a Biden/McCain campaign (any order you like)?

:)

Another piece of evidence that she is not up to the task is that she is being now being very carefully managed. Since the disastrous Charlie Gibson interview, the only interview she has given was with Sean Hannity and the FIXED NEWS Channel. She was well known for hating the press as Governor.

UPDATE: I just saw she going to give an interview with Katie Couric, whom is well known as a MSM Twinkie due to the fact she the most pliant, non-serious, softball question throwing interviewer on TV.
So it just validates what I previously stated: Palin's handlers wont let her near anybody who might ask her a serious question.

And this is the preson who will be at the White House? Frightening.

Last edited:
Another piece of evidence that she is not up to the task is that she is being now being very carefully managed. Since the disastrous Charlie Gibson interview, the only interview she has given was with Sean Hannity and the FIXED NEWS Channel. She was well known for hating the press as Governor.

UPDATE: I just saw she going to give an interview with Katie Couric, whom is well known as a MSM Twinkie due to the fact she the most pliant, non-serious, softball question throwing interviewer on TV.
So it just validates what I previously stated: Palin's handlers wont let her near anybody who might ask her a serious question.

And this is the preson who will be at the White House? Frightening.

The two groups I mentioned earlier were The National Organisation for Women and Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel now to be honest I have no idea who either of them are, do either of them carry any sway or is it more electioneering?

An answer such as you gave could be nothing less than baiting. It was neither timely, humourous, serious nor relevant, what other possible reason could there be?

Just so you understand. The question is rhetorical.

That answer is nonsensical rubbish, and boorish to boot. I apoligised only for going in hard on you, not because I held any respect for your accusations. But I said I give you the opportunity so if that unworthy miserable package was your best shot, so be it.
My contribution was every thing you say it was not, I stand by it absolutely, and that obviously does not sit well with you.

Just so that you understand.

And while we are on the subject of razzle-dazzle, I have carefully watched Obama's barn-storming performances for some time, and found his style reminiscent of something I could not quite put my finger on. I have it now, the penny has dropped. He is, of course, J.F. Clinton. Razzle dazzle 'em!

Last edited:
You never went hard on me or anyone else. Your imagination is working overtime.

Don't grizzle to me about Obama, I've said several times, I distrust them all, equally and without fear or favour.

You don't read a thing that others post do you? Or is it just that you refuse to understand what is being said. Not even your own posts.
Sorry to have gone in so hard. Over it now. I am happy to leave the last word to you. Take your best shot, I'm braced.:cool:

The two groups I mentioned earlier were The National Organisation for Women and Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel now to be honest I have no idea who either of them are, do either of them carry any sway or is it more electioneering?

NOW is the largest+most powerful womans group in the country, they were also the group I mentioned. The fact they are supporting Obama speaks volumes. Palin might be a woman but Obama is the candidate who actually shares woman's values. The fact that NOW supports Obama means the Hillary vote is gone as well.

Chuck Hagel is my Hero. He's one of my favorite Senators, he's smart hes honest he has both military (Vietnam Vet) economic and foreign affairs service. A political moderate, if the Republicans had any sense at all they would have nominated him as their candidate. He no nonsense and no BS. hes not afraid to tell Bush and even the GOP what he thinks of them, which isnt much.

If Hagal thinks Palin isnt ready, than consider it gold. I dont always agree with him because hes slightly further to the right than I am, but if it were Hagal running I would vote for him in a heartbeat, as would many moderate-conservative Democrats.

I would far more at ease with Chuck Hagal in charge than McCain. But of course the GOP has become so narrow-minded they fail to see this which is their loss.

Last edited:
I don't think narrow mindedness is the sole property of the GOP, the Democratic party has managed to lose 3 presidential elections (or at least make them close run affairs when they shouldn't have been) by selecting candidates that are almost unelectable.

Gore and Kerry may well have been intelligent men but they had the personality of turnips and Obama's colour and heritage were always going to be a huge millstone for him to carry, in today's politics it is less important to select the right man for the job than it is to pick a person that can be elected (which is unfortunate).

You never went hard on me or anyone else. Your imagination is working overtime.

Don't grizzle to me about Obama, I've said several times, I distrust them all, equally and without fear or favour.

Thank you. I am glad that I did not, in fact, go in too hard. I was feeling a bit concerned that I might have appeared to.

The Obama offering was for all, not directed particularly at you. And it wasn't a grizzle, I find it highly amusing, and might repeat it elsewhere, in case it was missed, as an example of how razzle-dazzle counts at election time.

In fact, of course I read my own posts. However, you negated my offer of the last word by posing a rhetorical question. Always remember that, whilst a rhetorical question does not require an answer, that does not mean that it doesn't invite one.

Here is a big update on topic, for everyone to read & digest & spit out if preferrred, not directed solely at yourself my friend and not all baiting ; strictly non-partisan ; just an offering:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lin-popular-Diana-hearts-American-public.html

You have to just love it, don'tcha?

Last edited:
My statement neither required nor invited any answer,... it appears that the quality of British "bracing" is not what it once was. Musta been cheap Chinese stuff.

It is also alleged that 85% of Alaskans think good ole Sarah is a bare faced liar.
http://newsone.com/elections/article/sarah-palins-troopergate

So much for the fickleness of political reporting, which is only exceeded by the credibility of the readers. The woman's a typical self serving, lying politician.

No - we have to get it right, rhetorical questions present invitations for answers, so Brit bracing is safe and well.

I will leave you holding your opinion without further complaint, wipe my sword and leave the field to you and the voters.

How's that? Mmmmmmmmm......

Well,.. if that's the way they judge British "bracing" these days, all I can say is that it's no wonder your country is in the mess you so often state. Your pollies are obviously aware of the electorate's deplorably low standards of judgement and expectation.

Well, they seem to have got that one right.

My statement neither required nor invited any answer,... it appears that the quality of British "bracing" is not what it once was. Musta been cheap Chinese stuff.

It is also alleged that 85% of Alaskans think good ole Sarah is a bare faced liar.
http://newsone.com/elections/article/sarah-palins-troopergate

So much for the fickleness of political reporting, which is only exceeded by the credibility of the readers. The woman's a typical self serving, lying politician.

Careful, Seno, some people on this forum are in "love" with this hockey mum!:)

Kinky,.... Unfortunately boot licking has never been my weakness.

It seems that the "kinks" have all the fun.

We'd better get back on topic, someone's getting heavy handed here.

By that same token errol - the rest must be in 'love' with Obama? Kinky?

Except Seno of course, who is in love only with himself.

LOL

As for me; well, I love free speech, and I do not love those who pander to the popular opinion of the dull and the dumb by branding those who happen to disagree with them 'bootlickers' . 'It takes one to know one' springs to mind.

Last edited:
You really must get those old spectacles cleaned; that ain't egg - it's pure gold! And it's reflected from the gold medal and chain around my neck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back