Palin Makes The Case for Someone Else

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have that than someone who we've never seen under ANY executive pressure at all.... You wouldn't?
Let me try putting it this way: If I owned a football team and was looking for a head coach, I'd look for an assistant coach at the pro level before looking at the head coach of a high school team.

No it doesn't. Barack Obama didn't influence ONE vote either way. Barack Obama never made "the call" he voted. Along with numerous other people. Are you suggesting that anyone who's been a senator can be the President?! That's ridiculous. There is a HUGE difference between being a part of something bigger and being the only one to choose what to do. No matter what the population of the city or state. Quite honestly, it's laughable that you think senatorial experience is good enough. The GOP doesn't state this because they don't think it does anything for the election.....
Are you suggesting that the Superintendent of a school district would be a better governor than a city council member of a large city?

If not, then stop taking words out of other people's mouths.

As I said before, I'd rather have someone who's played in the big leagues but never led than someone who's led but never played in the big leagues.

I'd rather have someone who's lead in big govt and made decisions rather than someone taking up space of the leader because it's historical and just vote Present.

Time out guys -
I just love an election.

Give 'em the old razzle dazzle
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it
And the reaction will be passionate
Give 'em the old hocus pocus
Bead and feather 'em
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?
What if your hinges all are rusting?
What if, in fact, you're just disgusting?
Razzle dazzle 'em
And they;ll never catch wise!
Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle
Razzle dazzle 'em
Give 'em a show that's so splendiferous
Row after row will crow vociferous
Give 'em the old flim flam flummox
Fool and fracture 'em
How can they hear the truth above the roar?
Throw 'em a fake and a finagle
They'll never know you're just a bagel
Razzle dazzle 'em
And they'll beg you for more!
Give 'em the old double whammy
Daze and dizzy 'em
Back since the days of old Methuselah
Everyone loves the big bambooz-a-ler
Give 'em the old three ring circus
Stun and stagger 'em
When you're in trouble, go into your dance
Though you are stiffer than a girder
They'll let you get away with murder
Razzle dazzle 'em
And you've got a romance
Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle
Razzle dazzle 'em
Show 'em the first rate sorceror you are
Long as you keep 'em way off balance
How can they spot you've got no talent
Razzle Dazzle 'em

And they'll make you a star!

Last edited:
Let me try putting it this way: If I owned a football team and was looking for a head coach, I'd look for an assistant coach at the pro level before looking at the head coach of a high school team.
It's a bit of a different scenario... But whatever... It's your team.....

The Other Guy said:
Are you suggesting that the Superintendent of a school district would be a better governor than a city council member of a large city?

If not, then stop taking words out of other people's mouths.
More or less. The Senate is much larger than say 9 people on a city council, so Obama had even less of a say in the Senate than a city council member...

The Other Guy said:
As I said before, I'd rather have someone who's played in the big leagues but never led than someone who's led but never played in the big leagues.
And I don't quite see the logic...

Last edited:
However, McCain has military leadership exp, including in a combat zone, being able to make proper decisions under that kind of pressure is clearly a positive sign for his decision making he would make as the Commander in Chief. None of the other have wartime leadership exp. No doubt in my mind who is more qualified. To argue it is just wishful thinking.
Proper military decisions are a world apart from political decisions. That's like saying your nominee has a doctorate in English Literature therefore as a "Doctor" he is well qualified to do open heart surgery.

C'mon Aiki we may not be right up with US politics but we're not quite so wet behind the ears as to fall for an argument as ridiculous as that.

McCain will be a wonderful President.
Vote Republican.
As a LEO, no doubt you know better than I do when persons resort to pure denial rather than answering the questions, it means that they know they're wrong, but are in a state of denial.

Your argument is looking pretty sick at the moment.

Arguing with you and your types is pretty silly don't you think?

So what was wrong here that you felt the need to troll?

If you consider the argument "silly" then posting in such a way can be considered little more than trolling.

Proper military decisions are a world apart from political decisions. That's like saying your nominee has a doctorate in English Literature therefore as a "Doctor" he is well qualified to do open heart surgery.

C'mon Aiki we may not be right up with US politics but we're not quite so wet behind the ears as to fall for an argument as ridiculous as that.

I tend to agree, I think there is an overly strong desire here to relate military experience to some sort of wonder career that makes you an expert at everything, the reality is that politics is a combination of a lot of professions from armed forces to ***** and being proficient at one does not make you an expert at the rest.

Last edited:
Time out guys -
I just love an election.

Give 'em the old razzle dazzle
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it
Etc, etc.,......

And they'll make you a star!

Your post here demonstrates one of the very worst examples of my quote regarding the gullibillity of the voters.

Forget the issues, don't look too hard at the nominees or their policies, get yourself so wound up in the "Razzle dazzle" that you completely miss the point of what is going on.

The "Old Razzle Dazzle" is the very thing that the political parties want people to focus on, and I feel that to post such rubbish in support of your argument is at best somewhat vacuous.

You've shot yourself in the foot I'm afraid, in fact both feet, and perhaps other places as well.

Last edited:
Arguing with you and your types is pretty silly don't you think?
My point exactly. As you don't have an argument,... just denial.

.I tend to agree, I think there is an overly strong desire here to relate military experience to some sort of wonder career that makes you an expert at everything, the reality is that politics is a combination of a lot of professions from armed forces to ***** and being proficient at one does not make you an expert at the rest.
I just ask myself, would the reverse be true? Would a successful politician make a good military leader?, and I'm afraid I can't convince myself that it would be the case.

There have been cases where retired military men were at least passable politicians, but that is the case with a number of professions. Andrew Johnson for example was a tailor, but that does not in any way support the argument that all Tailors make good Presidents.

Last edited:
You completely ignore my post however, and concentrate on the one DIDN'T post a legitimate argument... Just about as bad tactics as simply not answering the question, in my opinion....*Shrugs*

I just ask myself, would the reverse be true? Would a successful politician make a good military leader?, and I'm afraid I can't convince myself that it would be the case.

There have been cases where retired military men were at least passable politicians, but that is the case with a number of professions. Andrew Johnson for example was a tailor, but that does not in any way support the argument that all Tailors make good Presidents.

Well Julius Caesar was a trainee priest and a politician and did pretty well on the battlefield, Claudius was a stuttering cripple and led the Roman empire to many great victories. It could be argued that McCain's claim to fame is surviving a Vietnamese POW camp which is a pretty impressive feat but would also indicate that his military career wasn't all that successful by comparison to say Eisenhower who actually led great armies to victory getting shot down may not be in the same league.

So who knows.

You completely ignore my post however, and concentrate on the one DIDN'T post a legitimate argument... Just about as bad tactics as simply not answering the question, in my opinion....*Shrugs*
3 parts:
1-no response required
2-okay, so we should elect a state governor that's never really held elected office anywhere but. Like Bush.
3-no response required

I appreciate the respect. [/sarcasm]

And I'll say AGAIN, that it's better to have someone who's been put under executive pressure where you and YOU ALONE are responsible for the choices you make. Being one in fifty nine is NOT going to swing votes most of the time... Especially in a Democratic senate.

Vote Republican.....anything else would be uncivilized.
Your political quotes are really earth shaking stuff Aiki. Such depth of perception would be better wasted supporting your opponents.
rotfl1.gif

Personally, with so many of you here, I see no reason to try to write out a long drawn out response when anything written will just be poo pooed. That's fine, makes it easy on me. Don't mistake that as agreement with you and your buddies however.

Personally, with so many of you here, I see no reason to try to write out a long drawn out response when anything written will just be poo pooed. That's fine, makes it easy on me. Don't mistake that as agreement with you and your buddies however.
If your answer is directed at me,... I don't have, or need "Buddies" I can quite adequately express my own points of view.

Like I said, with debating skills such as you are displaying here, your time would be perhaps better spent defending the Democrats, and Tree Huggers Association.

"Vote Republican" is hardly something to grab anyone's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back