Operation Phantom Fury, The Attack on Fallujah - Page 3

--

November 10th, 2004  
Kane

Well said. In terms of experience, these Terrorists or Insurgents don't fight like the V.C. or the NVA.

And heck yeah, we learned a lot from the Tet Offensive and Somalia. But, again there are new challenges and I think we are unprepared for this...guard duty. No matter what, this is war is questionable from the start.
November 10th, 2004  
DTop

If that's what you truly believe, then you're entitled to your opinion but I must respectfully disagree.
November 10th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I'm not about to say that I know HOW it should be done, but Fallujah is a problem that must be solved if there is to be any hope of stability for the future of Iraq. You can criticize how its done, say this or that against opperations, but that's one fact I can't think of anyone disagreeing with. Fallujah must be stabilized.

As far as the USA "misreporting" ... well, it may take awhile to confirm and reconfirm things, but they're generally going to be pretty straightforward eventually.
--
November 10th, 2004  
Doppleganger

It's been said that the leaders of the insurgents have already melted away. They will probably resurface in another town and begin their 'activities' all over again. It's going to take a while before this civil unrest dies away I'm afraid.
November 10th, 2004  
A Can of Man

If anything their ability to operate is disturbed and in some ways destroyed when they get uprooted.
They have to start creating their security network from scratch. They may have lost key stuff while moving.
Higher risk of people ratting on them.
etc.
November 10th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

quite some injuries

November 10th, 2004  
Hegario

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3997461.stm

This isn't good at all.
November 11th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

It's common sense they would hussle to another city, but why was there no plan for countering it? Afterall, key rule of war is to never let your enemy escape.

But then, i'm not the hotshot at CENTCOM.

Not to downplay the Fallujah mission, it's still importaint, but it makes one curious.
November 11th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Probably because they don't know where they're going.
November 11th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

That's true, I guess it boils down to one thing: not enough troopers

but you can't bring more in, bad public perception by the US, world, Iraqi's, etc. As if we were losing so "send more"