One Explanation For Leftsts

Is it just me or is the majority of people are republicans?

Or perhaps, 95 percent are republicans, the other 4 are fascist and the 1 percent are liberals?
Hard to believe, but there are actually more registered democrats than republicans. The left wing groups do not get as much representation, say, here, because it seems that the majority of military folks are a bit more right leaning.

As a response to the thread in general, I'm really not impressed. This guy seems to be inferring that all who do not share his mindset are mentally challenged. Now if anyone is off his rocker, it's this guy.

And as for mandatory military service? Not for that, either. The thing is, as a country we need the crazies out there that are willing to toe the line. Now, I'm not saying we have to listen to a word they say (I think we listen to them far too much as it is; I think it really hurt McCain to have to appeal to that crowd in this past election), but when we have an entire nation that has learned to follow orders even from the stupidest man possible, we end up with folks blindly following a leader who really has no clue what he's talking about. We need people who have not had such experiences who retain their free mind (not saying that those who served lack one, don't think that for a minute).

As a response to the thread in general, I'm really not impressed. This guy seems to be inferring that all who do not share his mindset are mentally challenged. Now if anyone is off his rocker, it's this guy.

I reckon, if I posted something about how some former-soviet scientist figures out that Republicans are mentally challenged then id be banned so hard it will cause an earthquake in Tokyo.

But if it was against LIBERALS...

If the guy's talking about extreme liberals it does make sense but on the other side of the coin, extreme conservatives (reactionaries almost) don't seem to have their screws on right either.
So it goes both ways.

Agreed with redneck on all points.... It's sort of ironic how the political compass turns full circle when dealing with the extremes of either end...

If the guy's talking about extreme liberals it does make sense but on the other side of the coin, extreme conservatives (reactionaries almost) don't seem to have their screws on right either.
So it goes both ways.

There is one major difference though. The Extreme Left has never been in major political Office. The right likes to portray Clinton and the Obamas as the far left, but in fact neither of them are. Clinton isnt even a liberal, and Obama (and espicially Rahm Emmanuel) has been having an all out war with the far left to prevent them from exercising too much control. Trust me, if Obama were a radical leftist, there would be ZERO discussion with the GOP in congress (as the radicals are demanding), there would be NO Republicans in top cabinet jobs (there are 3), and he would have picked a leftwing version of Scalia to the supreme court instead of a moderate, which again the radicals are furious with Obama about. I have listened to the far left, they want Obama to run things in the same manner Bush did. So far that hasnt happened yet.

The extreme right has been in power, and unfortunatly we will cleaning up the mess for the next decade.

There is one major difference though. The Extreme Left has never been in major political Office. The right likes to portray Clinton and the Obamas as the far left, but in fact neither of them are. Clinton isnt even a liberal, and Obama (and espicially Rahm Emmanuel) has been having an all out war with the far left to prevent them from exercising too much control. Trust me, if Obama were a radical leftist, there would be ZERO discussion with the GOP in congress (as the radicals are demanding), there would be NO Republicans in top cabinet jobs (there are 3), and he would have picked a leftwing version of Scalia to the supreme court instead of a moderate, which again the radicals are furious with Obama about. I have listened to the far left, they want Obama to run things in the same manner Bush did. So far that hasnt happened yet.

The extreme right has been in power, and unfortunatly we will cleaning up the mess for the next decade.

Thank god someone has noticed that Obama isnt a far-leftist. Jesus christ, its like saying Mccain is the next Hitler.

I've long been fond of the old saying (falsely attributed to Winston Churchill and appears in varying versions):

"if you are not a liberal when you're young you have no heart and if you haven't become conservative by 40 you have no brain."

It seems to me that Obama is as far left as Bush is far right.

If Obama was that radical, do you think Gates, Lahood, would have gotten their jobs? or offer the Commerce job to Judd Gregg? Do you think he would have picked a moderate like Sotomoyer? The whole reason why the GOP in the senate isnt complaining about Sotomayor is being they know that got off easy. Obama could have appointed a real whackjob and considering the control the Dems have in the Senate she would have passed. If Obama was a radical we would have left Iraq 5 months ago, and Bush, Cheney would be in leg irons in the deepest hole in Fort Leavenworth. If he were a real radical he would have released the torture photos at gitmo and he would have reeled in some of the 'presidential powers' that were created by Bush. Hes done neither.

Obama is a liberal, but hes nowhere near as radical as the GOP paints him to be. Politically, Obama has got problems (I mentioned above) with the far-left because hes resisting their agenda.

This is one of my biggest complaints about the conservatives, the fact they systematically label anyone who doesnt agree 100% with them as the radical far-left. To them their are no conservative democrats, no moderates and no liberal Republicans. Your either one type of extremist or the other. Even people like John McCain is a "liberal" because he disagreed on immigration.

There are more registered Democrats than Republicans, and yet the conservatives (like this Doctor in the OP) label ALL of them as the 'fringe' and thus either lack a brain or are suffering a mental illness. Insulting voters is not the smartest way to get elected.

Last edited:
President Obama might be a radical leftist at heart but he's not acting that way as President. My impression with him is that he's more middle of the road. He very well could have been radical left wing in his youth but his behavior and decision making currently doesn't reflect that of a radical left leader.
It's a huge wakeup call for the GOP I feel. Sometimes you just have to ask yourself... maybe you're doing it wrong.
So it's not so much that the Democrats have themselves a great leader (it's far too early to tell how his Presidency will unfold... he could be one hell of a country repairman or could end up as a leader who had a lot of dreams, meant well, but ultimately couldn't deliver) but that the GOP just screwed up big time.
The occasional uber conservative Republican politician who gets caught doing something he condemns day and night doesn't help either.

Last edited:
Obama's just a politician and he's using some Republicans in an attempt to placate his opposition, that's all.
If you want to be honest about it, uberliberal Dems do the same wide brush categorizations as ultraconservative Republicans when it comes to people that don't agree 100% with them.

Could be the beauty of democracy then. Sometimes it sucks, but it prevents people from going off the deep end (or else it'll render their position untenable).

President Obama might be a radical leftist at heart but he's not acting that way as President. My impression with him is that he's more middle of the road. He very well could have been radical left wing in his youth but his behavior and decision making currently doesn't reflect that of a radical left leader.
It's a huge wakeup call for the GOP I feel. Sometimes you just have to ask yourself... maybe you're doing it wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Boy when you listen to them you wouldnt think so. The GOP is well on its way to lose yet ANOTHER election next year, specifically because they refuse to admit they made some very serious mistakes during the Bush Era. They blame their string of losses on Bush personally, but Bush wasnt a aberration that cost them the victory, it was his policies that failed. And these Bush Policies are the same ones being proposed today by the GOP with almost no changes. In other words the GOPs idea to fix their problems is to change the messenger, when its the message that the real problem.

American People have finally figured out that the unintelligent/ignorant country bumpkin like Bush, Palin, Quayle makes for a lousy Presidency. We do not want the village idiot in charge. They also dont want career politicans who preach morality and then wind up on the front page with either their pants down or with their hand in the cookie jar.

Until they can provide intelligent, more tolerant people who actually have interest other than their own selfish ones, they will continue to lose elections for the foreseeable future.

Could be the beauty of democracy then. Sometimes it sucks, but it prevents people from going off the deep end (or else it'll render their position untenable).
It wasn't long ago when people were fed up with the liberal tax and spend agenda. It's the old political pendulum. It will surely swing from where it is now back in the other direction. It's just a matter of time.

Obama's just a politician and he's using some Republicans in an attempt to placate his opposition, that's all.
If you want to be honest about it, uberliberal Dems do the same wide brush categorizations as ultraconservative Republicans when it comes to people that don't agree 100% with them.
I agree 100 percent with that statement. As far as Obama not having enough time to screw up, I'd call the "cash for clunkers" a pretty good start. They can't even get that right and they want to run a federal health care system that'll cost each of us dearly. Who are they kidding? Not me!

I agree 100 percent with that statement. As far as Obama not having enough time to screw up, I'd call the "cash for clunkers" a pretty good start. They can't even get that right and they want to run a federal health care system that'll cost each of us dearly. Who are they kidding? Not me!

What you are referring about? The program has EXCEEDED expectations. The goal was to encourage people to buy new cars and restart the economy. The only part they underestimated was how popular it was. But there are 250,000 new car sales because of this program. Its so popular they have had to extend the program to keep up with demand whic is why they added the extra $2 Billion.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/cash-clunkers-triggers-billion-dollar-spending-spree-106867

This idea, is far more intelligent then giving blanket taxcuts to rich people in hopes they will actually spend it...which of course they never do.

Last edited:
Sure, and maybe nobody will use rthe health care system too. Face it, cash for clunkers is going to cost us a lot more than Obama said it would and so will the health care system he plans to foist on the American people.

Back