Olympic ranking vs Military powers - Page 8

--

September 26th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog

See, you only like sports in which you are good in

And you say "WE" don't care, maybe it is only "YOU" who don't care, while in fact a lot of other Americans care a lot about the Olympic Games.

"Ping Pong", you have no clue what PingPong is, it is very popular in many many countries, not only China, but also Japan, Korea, Holland, Sweden, Germany, etc etc.

NEVER say something is not important only because you don't like it
Did I say I didn't like Ping Pong? No.

Did I say I like Track and Field? No.

When I say "We" I am referring to everyone that lives near me or that I have talked to. And look at how we did in Basketball, that is a great example of us not caring.

The hipocricy in your statement is quite evident. "Never say something is unimportant becuase you don't like it." I suppose you think Ping Pong is important because it is a Gold for China every year.
September 26th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
The hipocricy in your statement is quite evident. "Never say something is unimportant becuase you don't like it." I suppose you think Ping Pong is important because it is a Gold for China every year.
lol, really lol

I think PingPong is important cuz I play pingpong a lot, and unluckily although I am good at pingpong, but I just can't win from my Dutch friend, he is simply better than I am in PP.

Btw, China lost PP to Korea in man's single final in this Olympic, so not every year we can win all the Golds. Other countries are getting much better too every year.
September 26th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
lol, really lol

I think PingPong is important cuz I play pingpong a lot, and unluckily although I am good at pingpong, but I just can't win from my Dutch friend, he is simply better than I am in PP.

Btw, China lost PP to Korea in man's single final in this Olympic, so not every year we can win all the Golds. Other countries are getting much better too every year.
I play Ping Pong too, but I still don't think it should be an Olympic Sport, and I shoot Air Rifles, that should not be an Olympic sport either. I like to play Ping Pong but I just don't think it is one of the things that the Olympics represents, Ping Pong is a lot more mental than Physical, I never see the guy who can hit the ball so hard that it dents the ball win, I see the guy who can spin the ball so it does a 90 degree turn win.
--
September 26th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Enough.
September 27th, 2004  
Xion

I think China's Olympic medal gain this time was amazing , I heard they made ppl from all age groups in China to compulsarily participate in atleast one sport of their interest so that the hidden talent could come out, in India sports are always neglected apart from cricket.I think in Beijing Olympics China will most prolly take over USA , but i think americans will train themselves harder cos i think it must have been a bit alarming seeing China get that many medals, so nothing can be said really.