Is obese necessarily bad? - Page 4

August 2nd, 2005  
So you think being overweight or obese is very bad? You don't like your tax $ going to care for these people? I wonder how many people here think they're in pretty good shape right now?
Answer that question and then click on the link below and check it out. You might be surprised at what the U.S. government thinks about it and even more surprised at the company you keep.
August 2nd, 2005  
All these diets you see and read about are a waste of time all you need to do is watch what you eat and do excerise. Go and kick the footy with your mates or kids, take your dog for a walk, join a gym, get involved with life, and last but not least every time you turn your computer on do your max push ups and sit ups and do it for a week or so and see how much you have improved that should give you the motivation to go on.

You may laugh but someone will give it a go. And I say good on you.
August 3rd, 2005  
The BMI scale is useless. I know great athletes who would be obese if put on it. It cant tell the difference between 250 lbs of muscle and 250 lbs of fat. Our whole defensive line would be considered obese on that scale, and in reality they are studs. Don't let a scale tell you that you are fat. If you are, you know you are.

I live in Texas, and in America it has the fattest cities in the whole USA. We just started 2 a day football practice Monday, and 90 percent of our team is in great shape, the others are mildly overweight, and only about 5 guys on the whole squad (175 football players at my school) Fish, JV, and Varsity are obese. I'm havent put these guys on a scale and done calculation, but its obvious that they are. I dont know about any other people, but I think thats pretty healthy for a whole bunch of kids. Then again I am talking about athletes, it would probably be different percents if I compared non-athletes.

I havent been obese, but I have been fat. Freshman year I was about 5'11 215 lbs, now on my Junior year I'm 6'2 180 lbs. It was horrible when I was fat, getting a girl friend was like mission impossible. Now that I'm in shape again its great. Plus I can eat whatever I want (within reason), and not gain weight. Once you get skinny I think its easy to stay there.
August 4th, 2005  
Italian Guy
Is obese bad? Sure, it's very bad. First it's unhealthy, second it is ugly, third it prevents you from building a certain type of self confidence and fourth you suffer from the hot temperatures in the summer.
August 4th, 2005  
very well said IG
August 4th, 2005  
I eat when I'm hungry. I stop when I am full. I don't do extra exercise, but I do get outside. there are days when I don't move from my bed except to go get food or the phone or something. However, i still weigh 115. I have no problem with my weight and I think I'm great the way I am.

That is the secret to dieting.
August 5th, 2005  
I'm 6'1" and 260 lbs. my doctor says im obese. he was concerned so he made me take a blood test. test results came back. just what i thought. im healthier than he is. These were the exact words i told him, "Did you forget I play football? I told you I was perfectly healthy." i stopped going to that doctor after that. I now go to my former athletic trainers practice. At least she knows what shes doing.

Yeah i could lose weight and drop to about 200 or less if i wanted to. but i like the way i am. I enjoy being, literally, looked up to. The ladies also like a big strong man that can protect him.