Obama's Church?

Easy Del Boy, I wasn't refering to your Article. I was only referring to the campaign tactics I have seen in the past week. Is Obama perfect? No. For one, His healthcare plan stinks, Hillary's is actually better, and McCain is the status quo (throw more money at HMOs).

But overall, hes the best of the lot, at least in my opinion.

Fine MM - I did have you right, I realised what you meant, but I just wanted to seperate the two issues so that the article was not associated with the other question of his name; I think I was wasting my time in fact and that readers will still lump them all together, rather than study the article in its own right, which I am sure you have already done before posting your own take.

The article is not inended as a vote-catcher for anyone, but just to say a little more of Obama's profile, which has appeared to be very limited so far. The author took a special trip and took time to investigate the local opinion and form a slightly fuller pen-picture to help answer a few questions posed by the title. Readers might just feel they have a bit more to bite on when weighing things up.

It is not against Obama, simply ABOUT Obama.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, they say their a African people? Show me one of that "African People" that was born in Africa.
If your born in the United States, then your an AMERICAN!, I really don't care where in the He** your ancestors are from. If ancestry make you (whatever/American) Then watch out at night because my Ancestors fought along side Vlad Tepes'
Does that make me Romanian/American? I was born here in South Carolina.

Yes Dtop I find that VERY disturbeing

Just a thought from an American, nothing more nothing less than a American.

I understood he is a well known maverick found not completely acceptable to his leadership. Is this not so?

He is called a Maverick only because he has openly criticized Bush and the Bush cohorts, the Bush-bots prefers their members docile, even if hell is breaking out. Thats why the far right cannot stand him.
However OTG is quite correct, if you look at his policies they are identical to Bush. As of right now, Bush as a 19% approval rating, is a continuation of the Bush Doctrine the example we want to follow?
I might sound like a Democrat, but I am not. But its clear that the past 8 years have been nothing short of disastrous, we simply cannot afford another 4 more years.

Wolfen

Blacks dont refer to themselves as African, they refer to themselves as either being black or African-American.

Just like Guiliani has referred to himself as Italian-American, and Romney has as Irish-American. So on and so forth.

Why is it such a big deal to call themselves African-American? I think its because some people are unused to the idea of a possible black president. That doesn't mean necessary racist, but the idea of a black man as POTUS is unusual to say the least. Personally, I think its about time, Caucasians will be out as the largest minority within 20 years so we had better get used to the idea of a non-white Commander-in-Chief sooner rather than later.

But I really don't care, Obama can be purple and call himself Martian-American if he wants. What matters to me is what he plans to do AS POTUS!!!

Last edited:
mmarsh, my thing is where were you born at? Unless Guiliani was born in Italy and immigrated here then he's AMERICAN, same with Romney.
the only way you'd be African, Italian, Irish, English, German, or anything else/ American is if you were born there and immigrated here.

with obama besides the church issue though hes really not had a full history to be up for president. McCain and clinton both have much more extensive profiles than he does, and I mean look at Chicago. From what Ive read every tight vote he might have had to make enemies with he wasnt there to vote on. On one occasion I read about on a tight gun control bill vote he wasnt there because he went on vacation to Hawaii?

I just dont think hes the type who if need be would be a fighter, he just doesnt have the mentality I dont think. But I could be very wrong?

Heres on of the arcticles I read about that issue:
http://nymag.com/news/politics/encyclopedia/politicalblunder/

Last edited:
I still want to know every detail of every change he plans before he even gets thought of by me for a vote.

Obama's Church doesn't claim anything for being African-American. It says it's committed to Africa and their African heritage not only of African-Americans but also African ethnicities elsewhere in the world (other than Africa).

What it really means is there must be a standard of professionalism where the decisions made will be based on the interests of the country and not simply to uphold the CINC's personal beliefs.
Everyone says it's religion but it applies to MANY other things as well.

He is called a Maverick only because he has openly criticized Bush and the Bush cohorts, the Bush-bots prefers their members docile, even if hell is breaking out. Thats why the far right cannot stand him.
However OTG is quite correct, if you look at his policies they are identical to Bush. [

Hi MM - that strikes me as your wanting the argument both ways.

What matters to me is what he plans to do AS POTUS!!!

Yeah - but Obama just ain't saying, is he?

Yes, as near as I can tell he's just a continuation of Bush.

Personally I think this is McCain's best attribute.
I am not advocating a continuation of the current policies but you can't just abandon them either my opinion is that you would be far better off with a moderate than doing anything radical at this stage.

Personally I think this is McCain's best attribute.
I am not advocating a continuation of the current policies but you can't just abandon them either my opinion is that you would be far better off with a moderate than doing anything radical at this stage.

Bugger it! I agree.

Back