Obama don't know much! - Page 2




 
--
Boots
 
December 25th, 2014  
brinktk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Come on guys, this is the Political sub-Forum after all. It's refreshing to find a young guy who hasn't been brainwashed by the Liberal infested education system into thinking The Big Zero is a great President.
This isn't an argument about whether or not the president is "great" or not. This is about respecting the position, and the office of the president. Good, bad, or indifferent he was elected to office which means we all have to put up with the policies and agendas set forth by him. We don't have to like it but we do have to accept it. He will be gone in 2 years and the next will be deserving of the same respect because of the office they hold.

It is one thing to disagree, it is another thing entirely to be blatantly disrespectful. It isn't even a fine line...
December 25th, 2014  
crazytanker
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinktk
This isn't an argument about whether or not the president is "great" or not. This is about respecting the position, and the office of the president. Good, bad, or indifferent he was elected to office which means we all have to put up with the policies and agendas set forth by him. We don't have to like it but we do have to accept it. He will be gone in 2 years and the next will be deserving of the same respect because of the office they hold.

It is one thing to disagree, it is another thing entirely to be blatantly disrespectful. It isn't even a fine line...
No, it's not a fine line as you say. It's a big arsed line with an electric fence and barbed wire that requires a passport to look at.
December 25th, 2014  
Yossarian
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRotc_cadet
Yes the office deserves respect but we can all have our own opinions about his policies. The main reason I posted this is because it is supposed to be funny. But there is some truth to what is said in the videos. Because no matter what lies you say or what opinion you hold it is all based off of facts. If you put all the facts that you know together then you can form your own opinion. And in this country we all have access to the facts. Our view of these facts represents our opinion. I have no problem with the office or the man. Just the way he handles certain things. Those things are the facts that I base my opinion off of. If you don't like some people's opinions or opposite opinions of yours then move to a different country and become a dictator and then nobody in that country can dispute your opinion.

As someone who just went through that tender teenage span not too long ago myself, I can concur with what others here have already said. It's mainly my feeling that for young people these day's to find their own formulated views of the world. It's best to look at both angles to an issue, garner your information from multiple sources, and factor in that other people will think differently and speak in a biased manner to you on those issues, such as Presidential policy for example.

But no matter what hold mutual respect and be understanding towards people who may feel differently than you. Also realize that here you are on a forum, and the very idea of forum whether it be in an Ancient Roman settlement or online is to have different people with different views and opinions exchange dialogue about things.

You may not like someone's opinion, but that's what a forum is, an avenue for discussion.

The faster you can pick up on this mentality today then you will make a more positive imagine with those around you.

And hopefully you will make better life choices as well when faced with challenges in this world.


Now excuse me while I try to remember where I put my walker....
--
Boots
December 25th, 2014  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinktk
This isn't an argument about whether or not the president is "great" or not. This is about respecting the position, and the office of the president. Good, bad, or indifferent he was elected to office which means we all have to put up with the policies and agendas set forth by him. We don't have to like it but we do have to accept it. He will be gone in 2 years and the next will be deserving of the same respect because of the office they hold.

It is one thing to disagree, it is another thing entirely to be blatantly disrespectful. It isn't even a fine line...
So...if we dig back will we find "Dignity & respect" For Bush II?? Seems the Dems & their lapdogs in the Press s*&t on Bush @ every opportunity for 8 years. Then, low & behold, a Lib. Democrat is in Office & it's all about "showing respect ". I show as much respect for Obama as the Dems showed for Bush.
December 25th, 2014  
brinktk
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
So...if we dig back will we find "Dignity & respect" For Bush II?? Seems the Dems & their lapdogs in the Press s*&t on Bush @ every opportunity for 8 years. Then, low & behold, a Lib. Democrat is in Office & it's all about "showing respect ". I show as much respect for Obama as the Dems showed for Bush.
I'm trying to teach this kid a lesson and you should know better. This isn't about dems or libs George. If this kid is going into the military, while he wears a uniform, he must remain apolitical. You should know this.

I also wasn't responding specifically to you at first and how you opine about those elected. I could care less about that.

You'd be a fool if you think those in the military were enamored with the Bush administration. The thing is, we are professionals so we kept our mouths shut and followed orders.

One thing I really have a problem with is the polarization of the parties, on both sides, which has brought both houses to an absolute stand still for almost a decade. Our process isn't supposed to work without some concessions being made from both sides. Now, neither party will cross the aisle, which is a problem. The biggest difference I have seen between the fanatacism is that those on the far right would kill those on the far left if they could get away with it. I CERTAINLY have a problem with that...
December 25th, 2014  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
So...if we dig back will we find "Dignity & respect" For Bush II?? Seems the Dems & their lapdogs in the Press s*&t on Bush @ every opportunity for 8 years. Then, low & behold, a Lib. Democrat is in Office & it's all about "showing respect ". I show as much respect for Obama as the Dems showed for Bush.
So that's the excuse? A perceived slight against Bush merits immediate retaliation against Obama? So if the next President is a Republican then you'd agree that its only fair the Democrats do the same? That's a pretty childish and vindictive attitude.

State example of such disrespect. Note: Criticizing the President or even ribbing him do NOT constitute disrespect. However, interrupting the President during a SOTU speech, being rude to him in public, demanding the President prove his nationality (with obvious racist overtones), opposing everything the president does out of pure spite not political reason, criticizing both the man's wife and his kids for perfectly innocent behavior DOES constitute disrespect.

Yet, None of these things happened to Bush. Care to guess to which President this happened to?

And while we are talking about Bush, the loss of said respect was directly due to his administration's ignorance, incompetence, vindictiveness and corruption that took place when he was running the show. Democrats didn't disrespect Bush, they didn't have to, Bush did a fantastic job of destroying his own reputation all by himself.

And to the OP:

If you are serious about a military career then I would seriously suggest you take BRINKTK suggestion of being apolitical to heart.

History is full career ending statements made by soldiers who made the mistake of publicly criticizing the POTUS. George McClellen and Douglas McArthur for example.
December 26th, 2014  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
So that's the excuse? A perceived slight against Bush merits immediate retaliation against Obama? So if the next President is a Republican then you'd agree that its only fair the Democrats do the same? That's a pretty childish and vindictive attitude.

State example of such disrespect. Note: Criticizing the President or even ribbing him do NOT constitute disrespect. However, interrupting the President during a SOTU speech, being rude to him in public, demanding the President prove his nationality (with obvious racist overtones), opposing everything the president does out of pure spite not political reason, criticizing both the man's wife and his kids for perfectly innocent behavior DOES constitute disrespect.

Yet, None of these things happened to Bush. Care to guess to which President this happened to?

And while we are talking about Bush, the loss of said respect was directly due to his administration's ignorance, incompetence, vindictiveness and corruption that took place when he was running the show. Democrats didn't disrespect Bush, they didn't have to, Bush did a fantastic job of destroying his own reputation all by himself.

And to the OP:

If you are serious about a military career then I would seriously suggest you take BRINKTK suggestion of being apolitical to heart.

History is full career ending statements made by soldiers who made the mistake of publicly criticizing the POTUS. George McClellen and Douglas McArthur for example.
Your comments pretty much prove my point. "A perceived slight" seriously?? "Demanding the President prove his nationality (with obvious racist overtones)" Who started that? HMMM wasn't the Republicans! It was his own relatives in Kenya who said they watched him being downloaded (modern terminology, hope you can follow it!) in Kenya. How did he react? Made sure all of his records are sealed & takes 2 1/2 years to release a fake B.C. "opposing everything the president does out of pure spite not political reason" really? This is getting silly, His plans are Leftist drivel. Plan Lemming, right off the cliff. Duty of anyone to jam up
crap like he wants, unless despair and ruin is a good thing.
Yeah on the O.P., once in the real military clam up.
December 26th, 2014  
JRotc_cadet
 
 
By the way everybody I don't bully easy. If you want to try me then try harder. I can take anything you throw at me.
December 26th, 2014  
crazytanker
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRotc_cadet
By the way everybody I don't bully easy. If you want to try me then try harder. I can take anything you throw at me.
That's the thing.... If you think you're being bullied currently, what do you think it's going to be like when you meet your DS/DI at basic for the first time? What do you think is going to happen when they tell you to do something and you roll your eyes? Or you catch a little attitude? Or you forget to call your DS "Drill Sergeant"? Or you slip up and call him/her "corporal" because you're so used to saying corporal and you don't make the conversion? I mean I'm just curious what do you think is going to happen?

Because here's the unfiltered truth of what will happen. Alot of yelling, in your face, and a lot of you playing in the mud, running, etc. Long bout the second time you call him corporal or any of that other crap he's going to start punishing the entire platoon for YOUR screw up. Then what is going to happen?
December 26th, 2014  
dadsgirl
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRotc_cadet
By the way everybody I don't bully easy. If you want to try me then try harder. I can take anything you throw at me.
By the way JRotc_cadet,
Happy holidays. I mean that.

Dadsgirl
 


Similar Topics
Obama vows no safe haven for Islamic State
Obama says tackling Iraq's insurgency will take time
Obama authorizes limited air strikes in Iraq if needed
Obama, China's Xi pledge cooperation and joke about first lady
Obama rewards two big donors with plum diplomatic assignments