Was the Nuke really necessary? - Page 6

--

June 13th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Yes....Only Egypt dosent have one, and we do...
June 13th, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
I dont find that funny at all
June 13th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
As long as everybody keeps his, no problems anywhere.

Don't forget, this is an old song. He wrote it in the 60's, I think. So that'll account for the "error" Sherman points out. As you can see at the beginning of the quote, China just had their first successful detonation, so everything after China in the song was probably fictional at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
I dont find that funny at all
What do you mean, what Sherman said or the song?
--
June 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Acctually, the song is funny and scary at the same time....You got to have a good sence of black-humor...See Israelis are very good at black-humor...
June 14th, 2004  
Marksman

what sherman said and the song
June 14th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

That doesn't have anything to do with Hiroshima, or with Nagasaki, or nukes.
June 14th, 2004  
Tessa

We can all go on and be serious and get a philosphical look, but sometimes you gotta find the fun in the pathetic parts. Do not take that personal by the way.

But the song has a rather good point, as I see it though. So I do believe it has something to do with nukes.. Once again we are there with the envy, wich the song points out.
June 14th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Well.. it does with the Nukes, but not with Hiroshima or Nagasaki.
June 14th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Therefore we are not completely

Back to the song it does have a good point, even though it contains dark humor. As long as the nukes dont leave the silos i think we'll be ok.
June 14th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
See Israelis are very good at black-humor...
I can see why....
Humor is a way of coping with bad, sad, or scary things, events or sircumstances. I remember about 10-15 years ago a plane (EL AL btw) hit an appartment building in Amsterdam. It was a big tragedy. I heard the first joke about it the next day....