Was the Nuke really necessary? - Page 10

--

June 23rd, 2004  
Mark Conley

Pretty interesting point of view there Lazza. Just a reminder, head on over to the welcoming center, and introduce yourself, and tell us about some of your qualifications as well. The moderators will appreciate it, and so will the members as well.

June 23rd, 2004  
silent driller

Sure. If it weren't for the nuke, WWII would have been dragged out further, we would have taken longer to establish our selves as a superpower, and we wouldn't have the Command and Conquer vidya game series! And we wouldn't be able to discuss whether the nuke was neccesary
June 24th, 2004  
Spartan

Though dropping the bomb did haste the end of the water, I think the Russian invasion of Manchuria had a role as well. Any thoughts?
--
June 24th, 2004  
Big_Z

As long as America exist there is no threat from nukes. As soon as a nuke goes off on this world America will do everything in its power nomatter who to eliminate that country from the map. So that in a way keeps the world safer just the knowledge of it. And we cant just give up our nukes, I honestly think there wont be another nuke set off for at least another 50-100 years. The only reason America keeps nukes is because we seem to be the police force of the world [which i hate] and we need somthing to protect our military with becaouse 50,000 marines arent gona do too well vs a nuke.
June 24th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

As long as America exists everything exists, if we stop existing, the whole world stops existing.
After 2007, we don't have to fear from future Nuke-attacks, or Air attacks.............
ABL takes the monopol...................................
June 24th, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
As long as America exists everything exists, if we stop existing, the whole world stops existing.
??? ???
June 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
After 2007, we don't have to fear from future Nuke-attacks, or Air attacks.............
ABL takes the monopol...................................

While I appreciate your enthusiasm for my country, what exactly are you talking about?
June 25th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Basically, hes talking about the Anti Ballistic Missile Laser (ABL) system that supposed to make them missile delivered nukes toasty targets if used. 2007 is an anticipated date in which they go on line.

I'm not holding my breath, even if the system works. You can fool what you can see, as well as what you cant. And the laser platform itself is vulnerable to air attack, if its too close to a country a shooting.

Some pluses are its line of sight, and it attacks at 186,000 miles an hour.
June 25th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

The tests should culminate this or next month, not sure They said on the half of the 2004. The final test is shooting down ICBM(of course without real Nuke-head ).
June 25th, 2004  
Silent_Grunt_jb

was it right to drop the nuke? I say yes sir and can we drop another one. here it could make some prime parking in that sandy place right there.