Now that Bush is re-elected with more power..




 
--
 
November 3rd, 2004  
Doppleganger
 
 

Topic: Now that Bush is re-elected with more power..


than before, do you see any major escalation in the war on terror? After being re-elected for a second term, Bush will have more power in Congress, especially as he now has a chance to get some friendly Congressmen elected. That means he may be able to push some decisions through that he couldn't before. For example, do you see the chance of Iran being invaded as being more likely now if that country continues to develop WMD? Will Bush push for even more resources to get Bin Laden?
November 3rd, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer
 
Oh definite escalation. Iran must be confronted, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Syria, etc. will need to be pressured. Act II has begun in the great war on terror, and I fear it will be far worse than the last.
November 3rd, 2004  
FlyingFrog
 
No escalation.

Bush will use this 4 more years to repair what he has damaged,

Bush is not stupid at all, he will try his best to leave a good name as a great and respected President in US history, so he will not mis-use his power at all in the coming 4 years.
--
November 3rd, 2004  
LeatherNeckRVA
 
i doubt it, cuba, korea and palestine are all powder kegs that could go off.
November 4th, 2004  
Darcia
 
What do i see in the Next 4 years?


-Masssive Chaos
-More people hating Bush
- Invasions of Iran,NK,Cuba, and even more
-More Dumb laws
-More Tax Cuts for Bushy Friends
-Less Health Care Benifits
-Economy Becomes Trashier.




I also see a Democrat in 2008.
November 4th, 2004  
cbbr08
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
What do i see in the Next 4 years?


-Masssive Chaos
-More people hating Bush
- Invasions of Iran,NK,Cuba, and even more
-More Dumb laws
-More Tax Cuts for Bushy Friends
-Less Health Care Benifits
-Economy Becomes Trashier.




I also see a Democrat in 2008.

what window are you look out at??
and what made you come in to those predictions?

And if more People hated bush.. They sure didn't get their butt off their lazy couch to vote.

The people that cared where this country is going Voted.
November 4th, 2004  
battery
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Oh definite escalation. Iran must be confronted, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Syria, etc. will need to be pressured. Act II has begun in the great war on terror, and I fear it will be far worse than the last.
I agree that the war itself is going to escelate indefinately. I can definately see relationships with our allies strengthening, economic growth, prosperous reformation of healthcare, and most of all, victory. Alot of great things are going to come out of this next term, I guarantee it.
November 4th, 2004  
A Can of Man
 
 
Don't think it would have mattered... Bush or Kerry. Not much would have changed.
November 4th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country
 
 
I agree FlyingFrog. There is no way Bush is going to go on a power trip. There is a lot of damage that needs to be fixed as well as a divided America that needs healing.
November 4th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
I agree that the war itself is going to escelate indefinately. I can definately see relationships with our allies strengthening, economic growth, prosperous reformation of healthcare, and most of all, victory. Alot of great things are going to come out of this next term, I guarantee it.
I happen to think just the opposite, as things get hairy in these battles, I think more will drop. They will not believe in the US anymore, only the true allies will stay.... I think things will get dark.

Truely I prefer Bush over Kerry, but I don't think anyone can control the tides of war as people expect.