nothing here either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somthing tells me your not exactly friendly to religion :roll:

Considering right now, the Islamic religion is the only one really making a stir, I see It idiotic to blame religion In general. If you got rid of religion, youd still have athiests fighting for different indeologies, political or otherwise. Dont be a simple minded fool and group all religions as counter-productive.

SAINT said:
too simplistic... problems in the world cannot be solved in this way.
agreed

Also having no religion, can be considered religion in itself.

In the 20th century so far the biggest killer has been Idealogy.

Communism to be exact, around 40 t0 60 million or more, and not in a war.

Nazism around 40 million but in a war.

Thats the most over the top idea ive ever heard. Did you make up those stats.

Where I live in the Southern U.S. religion is a serious thing you cant just tell people too stop worshiping their savior. Try this walk into your local church/mosque and tell everyone too give up their beliefs and it will stop war.... Easier said than done.

Also the world is a racist place, I know kids (thats right kids) that would rather get shot than date a black/mexican girl. All your ideas is just crazy and never gonna happen.

But hey maybe someday itll happen.... someday :cowb:

Consider Communism as idealized by Karl Marx. It denounces Religion, Marriage, Capitalism, Inequality in Weath, Selfishness and Inequality in Resources, Racism, etc. Everyone is supposed to be equal.

Its a lovely ideal that saw the murder of more people worldwide than any other ideology prior to it. What seems to start out as a lovely utopian theory gets ruined by human nature. Then again, Christianity, Islam and other religions have the same history. Their fundamental teachings are against the same things, but those things are ignored in favor of trying to forcefully spread their teachings, killing all that do not comply.

Its nothing new and mankind has made little progress. The current trend of persecution of any kind = evil could go a long ways towards world peace, but that trend is only prominent in Europe, the USA and other first world countries. Perhaps is will happen, who's to say?

Interesting topic for starting a discussion Protein (even if the numbers seems to be a bit off..)

I'll let this one stay open, but be VERY carefull about your posts here, religion flaming will NOT be tolerated...

A friend of mine was in Egypt not to long ago.

She went in to a Church for mass (it wasnt Christian, don't remember the exact name, just that it is a VERY old order ) and she saw many muslims there. She asked them why are they there, and they said that they belive that God is one and only, we just call him Jesus, the call him Alah.

That realy made mae think wouldn't the world be a much nicer place if all people felt like that. As for not having religion - that is IMO a very bad idea as most religions are pacifistic in the basics (exept for radical sects) and give people at leas some morality.

If you're asking yes I am religuos (cathilic) and am very proud and happy about that.

Good idea dude, and why stop with religion, why don't we screw with genetics and make it so that everyone is White, then we can through everyone else into death camps, and why stop there, lets destroy all the resources in the world, we could burn the oil fields, and burn the crops, and use chemicals to contaminate all the water in the world.

Admin edit: Comment removed. It's ok to disagree, but watch what you're typing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back