Nope... no cult at all

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
021609pod1.jpg

Source: Glenn Beck

No.... there is no sign of a Cult of Personality at all.... Move along! Nothing to see here!

1st Amendment, US Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
...and the separation of Church and the State is where?

021609pod1.jpg

Source: Glenn Beck

No.... there is no sign of a Cult of Personality at all.... Move along! Nothing to see here!

...and the separation of Church and the State is where?

So because someone sticks some Obama books in a religious section of a book store somehow he has become a cult?

Well I guess if pictures are fact I am not sure xmas is going to be getting better soon...

chr005.jpg

and I am not sure Easter will be as much fun...

fun38.jpg

Last edited:
Arrogant.

Just because some stooge put Obama books in the religion section doesnt mean theres a cult going on. In Australia there is "Mein Kampf" books on the display windows, and its practically glorifying it, and whatever it seems, Aus government ISNT fascist. Its so Capitalistic that it is close to competing with USA.

If it was a joke, then he should have posted it in the Jokes/humor section, not in policital discussion.

Thus he is being serious.

I believe it might have caused more discussion being here. Besides, who would believe that it is a cult? Just my humble opinion, as I in no way could speak for someone else.

The problem lies with the attempt to link the picture to the 1st Amendment which is something that not even the source tries to do.

I would be prepared to bet that if you were to track down the book store involved they would either claim it as a joke or sell it as being a protest because it is unlikely book stores are being told to present him as a religious figure. Now surely if there is no legal requirement or government statute to sell him as a religious figure then how can it be related in anyway to a violation of the 1st Amendment?

There is a reasonable argument to say that Obama seems to trigger a "cult of personality" to response in a lot of people but then to be fair so did JFK (I am not suggesting any real similarity) and I haven't seen the same accusations leveled at him nor do I believe either man has attempted to cash in on that response in a way detrimental to the democratic process.

I'm just going to "Palinize" Glenn Beck and that picture, and mention that the library shown in the picture reminds me of Columbus Main Branch.

Meanwhile, on the picture, is the Beanie Baby in the corner a religious symbol as well?

There is a reasonable argument to say that Obama seems to trigger a "cult of personality" to response in a lot of people but then to be fair so did JFK (I am not suggesting any real similarity) and I haven't seen the same accusations leveled at him nor do I believe either man has attempted to cash in on that response in a way detrimental to the democratic process.

No wouldn't be JFK. Although he does compare try to compare himself to Lincoln at every turn.

I believe it might have caused more discussion being here. Besides, who would believe that it is a cult? Just my humble opinion, as I in no way could speak for someone else.

Edit: Your not a mod. You are currently out of your lane and above your pay grade. Get back in your lane and stay in your pay grade.

Mods will make those decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was a joke, then he should have posted it in the Jokes/humor section, not in policital discussion.

Thus he is being serious.
I was going to say something, but no. I happen to want to stay as a member here. I think.
If no one would believe it's a cult, then why would it require any discussion in the first place? It should go in the humor section. Or, better yet, a new political humor section.

I like to keep the ice cream and the veggies in seperate sections. I like ice cream (political humor) and I like veggies (serious politics). But when people throw them together it gets a tad confusing.

I was going to say something, but no. I happen to want to stay as a member here. I think.

If no one would believe it's a cult, then why would it require any discussion in the first place? It should go in the humor section. Or, better yet, a new political humor section.

I like to keep the ice cream and the veggies in seperate sections. I like ice cream (political humor) and I like veggies (serious politics). But when people throw them together it gets a tad confusing.

I don't know I tend to think questioning Obama's personality as a possible "cult of personality" is a perfectly viable question and one that could lead to an interesting discussion here but where this one went off track was in trying to add a "conspiracy" in the form of 1st Amendment violations.

Its probably just the store mixing up the departments. Some stores are just disorganized of where they display stuff.

I worked retail for 3 years, things were constantly in the wrong section. The Aisle next to it is entitled America-something and seems to have children books.

But its just like Glenn Beck to try and make an issue out of a non-issue. Sort of like the people that see the Virgin Mary in grilled-cheese sandwiches.

I don't understand... Is this a joke, or do you honestly think there is a cult brewing behind Barack Obama?........

This is a clear example of the separation of church & state. The church hangs around, swinging in the breeze & the state is a solid object which isn't moving any day soon. I know it's not particularly droll, but its the best I could come up with at short notice.

But do you really think there's a cult there? Honestly? It was a mistake on the part of the book store... This is someone trying to make something out of nothing. I wonder who he voted for in November......

No, I do not think that there is a cult thing developing - I think it's more likely to be a practical joke being played by a very bored employee. Still nice picture.

So because someone sticks some Obama books in a religious section of a book store somehow he has become a cult?

Well I guess if pictures are fact I am not sure xmas is going to be getting better soon...

chr005.jpg

and I am not sure Easter will be as much fun...

fun38.jpg

Now I do find those funny, sick but still funny lol.

Back