Ninjas the old tactics vs modern terrorist threat - Page 2




 
--
 
December 20th, 2004  
buddy
 
i saw that. the ninja didn't make an escape out of the building. he was there forever and he barely got past the guard and knocked the guy's hat off. he fell in the tub after that. the SEALs were the only people to really walk out of the building, since they killed everyone in it.
December 20th, 2004  
AussieNick
 
Quote:
i saw that. the ninja didn't make an escape out of the building. he was there forever and he barely got past the guard and knocked the guy's hat off. he fell in the tub after that. the SEALs were the only people to really walk out of the building, since they killed everyone in it.
Thats right, if they are your enemies, why leave them alive.
December 20th, 2004  
A Can of Man
 
 
Hey guys, don't underestimate the ninja's capabilities.
But remember their main role is assassination.
--
December 20th, 2004  
Kinection
 
I think you guys are getting to caught up in this fantasy Ninja thing. As cool as Ninja PS2 games are, they really aren't that effective in a modern situation. As you said, the guy took 4 hours to do what the SEAL team did in 3 minutes, and barely escaped.

Modern tactics dictate the use of guns, guns that the Ninja master hasn't had experience with. Even though the Ninja maybe a master of his art form, that does not make him a master of the other. A squad of Ninja's holding MP5s will not do as well as a squad of SEALs holding MP5s.

Quote:
The Ninjas was hired to serve one Shogun and no other and that was why they "disappeared."
\
Ninjas were hitmen for hire back in the day, they didn't stick with one Shogun.
December 20th, 2004  
devilwasp
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinection
I think you guys are getting to caught up in this fantasy Ninja thing. As cool as Ninja PS2 games are, they really aren't that effective in a modern situation. As you said, the guy took 4 hours to do what the SEAL team did in 3 minutes, and barely escaped.
The seal team killed every one didnt they?
He didnt.
The art of ninja's is invisibilty.
Quote:
Modern tactics dictate the use of guns, guns that the Ninja master hasn't had experience with. Even though the Ninja maybe a master of his art form, that does not make him a master of the other. A squad of Ninja's holding MP5s will not do as well as a squad of SEALs holding MP5s.
A squad of ninja's could reach into more secure locations than a seal team could.

The ninja is the master of stealth, even the SEAL teams could not find one if he was hideing.
December 20th, 2004  
Missileer
 
 
Weren't ninjas more like assassins rather than soldiers?
December 20th, 2004  
devilwasp
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Weren't ninjas more like assassins rather than soldiers?
Yeah they where the sneaky stealthy squirrels of the old ages, they done a bit more than assasination. They where the spies of then, and basically done all the "black" operations.
December 21st, 2004  
buddy
 
but i think the entire point of the show was to show everyone that the ninja's could still operate in todays environment, and also that the SEALs and other SF have evolved from what the ninjas used to do.

if we are talking about being assassins and working solo or in very small teams, then that's more like a NOC for the CIA then an SF team. even though i've heard that Delta and the FBI's HRT are more of a hit squad. but if you want high power assassination then guys like Tony Poe and the CIA did all of that. Poe wasn't a NOC but he did a lot of killing.
December 21st, 2004  
A Can of Man
 
 
But it's no secret, a lot of Ninja techniques and tactics can still be used with great effect.
December 21st, 2004  
devilwasp
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
But it's no secret, a lot of Ninja techniques and tactics can still be used with great effect.
I love the way they walk on water, that tactic is smark, and can still be used.