New Zealand votes in 'dirtiest' poll

--
Boots

September 20th, 2014  
perseus

Topic: New Zealand votes in 'dirtiest' poll

And I thought the Scottish referendum was bad! I'm sure you'll all love one another after it's over, just like the Scots!

September 21st, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus

And I thought the Scottish referendum was bad! I'm sure you'll all love one another after it's over, just like the Scots!

To be honest we don't really care as all of our parties are the same only distinguishable by different colour ties.

They promise the world, deliver nothing then get confused when only half the electorate shows up to vote. After the election they will then sit down and draw the conclusion that low voter turn out is because "elections aren't fun for the young" and completely ignore the fact that most people can't be bothered voting when they don't like or trust anyone they a given to vote for.
September 21st, 2014  
perseus

Well the Scots can't be accused of that, 85% turnout!
--
Boots
September 21st, 2014  
dadsgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
To be honest we don't really care as all of our parties are the same only distinguishable by different colour ties.

They promise the world, deliver nothing then get confused when only half the electorate shows up to vote. After the election they will then sit down and draw the conclusion that low voter turn out is because "elections aren't fun for the young" and completely ignore the fact that most people can't be bothered voting when they don't like or trust anyone they a given to vote for.
MontyB, I for one have been voting in every election since I turned eighteen. Some of the young people today don't even know who their state senator is. Sad. Or are misinformed by watching "entertainment" news. Sad, VERY sad!

Dadsgirl