new USAF BDUs - Page 4

--

April 6th, 2004  
Jtf2

The digital BDU are quite impressive i have 2 of em being in the reserves and all and with night cam you caulditn see me 3 m away...
April 7th, 2004  
ruger322003

Topic: Airforce bdu

They suck.
April 8th, 2004  
Jamoni

Okay, BLUE cammies? WTF? Why not just give them a sky blue jumper with fleecy little clouds on it? Or maybe that dayglo orange and red cammo you can get at the mall? As far as a flag on the sleeve, why not green it down, or at least mute the colors? Let's see, blue helmets, red white and blue sleeves, why not boots with flashing lights that play the Star-Spangled Banner as you sneak through the jungle? What's next, requiring Brigade HQ to fly a 12'x18' American flag from it's concealed position? This is ridiculous crap dreamed up by morons who have no regard for the lives of their soldiers. Also, if all the services SHARED the same BDU's, wouldn't that simplify the production/distribution of uniforms? $5 says one of Bush's campaign supporters owns the company that will get the contract for these monstrosities.
--
April 8th, 2004  
Gunner13

Quote:
Okay, BLUE cammies? Why not just give them a sky blue jumper with fleecy little clouds on it? Or maybe that dayglo orange and red cammo you can get at the mall?
HEY! Don't give USAF any ideas like this - someone might think its a good idea and go for it! (Personally, I think the clouds sound cute - on preschooler’s jumper ) Seriously, the Blude BDUs are a concept not an acutal uniform

Quote:
As far as a flag on the sleeve, why not green it down, or at least mute the colors?
I think we would, but the US Flag Code prohibits anything but full color.

Quote:
Also, if all the services SHARED the same BDU's, wouldn't that simplify the production/distribution of uniforms? $5 says one of Bush's campaign supporters owns the company that will get the contract for these monstrosities.
We did until the Marines changed to the digitized pattern and that move started long before George Bush became president.
April 8th, 2004  
Jamoni

Okay, I can see the flag being full color, I can even see requiring it to be worn, but maybe just smaller? Also, how long have US forces been required to wear it while deployed? I guess it doesn't matter if it's worn by non-deployed troops.
May 13th, 2004  
airmanpatroler

The "Chair Force" needs new BDUs because why do they need woodland anyway?
May 23rd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Mainly for the Combat Controllers and Pararescue Jumpers.
May 23rd, 2004  
airmanpatroler

yeah but for CCTs and PJs, but if your around the base the correct camofaluge would be brick with windows painted. So the idea of riding your bike across the base wearing woodland BDUs makes mo since
May 24th, 2004  
Redneck

I was just over at Vandenberg AFB Friday and I saw the new uniforms in person for the first time. That blue is a hell of a lot brighter than it looks in those photographs. Looks like Jean Claude van Damme's uniform in Street Fighter.
May 31st, 2004  
airmanpatroler

Nobody likes the BDUs , but I thought they look cool.