negotiating with terrorists - Page 2

View Poll Results :Should we negotiating with terrorists?
Yes 3 5.45%
Sometimes 13 23.64%
Never 39 70.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

--

April 18th, 2005  
Bory

How can you negotiate with these deranged pyscopaths. How you trust a word that comes out of their mouths. They beleive killing innocent people with a car bomb or something, is either gods will, or an expression of their political opinon.
Negotiating with terrorists is a waste of time, why bother.
IMO there is only one solution to terrorisim
April 18th, 2005  
LIPS

Where do we draw the line ? I say no, do not negotiate with kidnappers or terrorists. If you give in to one then the flood gates will open.
April 18th, 2005  
Charge 7

Quote:
If the Government refuses to comply or to negotiate, surely the hostage would be executed. We've seen this many times in Iraq. Italy, instead of following the American and British Policy of no negotiations, paid the ransom instead of ignoring the demand which actually saved lives.
And if we do that, how many other people will be kidnapped afterwards? How many more lives would be put at risk? A life that may or may not be saved by paying off terrorists is poor compensation for putting everyone else at greater risk. The next thing terrorists would do is decide who they would free and who they would execute anyway. Anybody remember the Achille Lauro?
--
April 18th, 2005  
slugboy2005

Topic: NEGOTIATION IS HELPFUL !!!!!!!

Just like everybody,Terrorists are humankind, too.

They have the same feeling like us at the bottom of their heart,

when a hostage is being killed.

NO BODY LIKE DEATH!

The lives of hostages are much more important than anything else!!!!!!

Released prisoners may be captured again.

Stolen cash may be got back.

Assaulted women may go on living.

But,

HOW can you make a killed hostage, RELIVE??????

PLEASE,

just imagine, if you were hijacked by terrorists,

DON'T YOU WANT THE NEGOTIATION?????!!!!!!
April 18th, 2005  
Charge 7

Quote:

NO BODY LIKE DEATH!
Then please explain the use of swords for beheadings and graphic video footage showing it in which the terrorists all cheer? For that matter explain suicide bombers who target women and children? They like death alright. Their sure ticket to paradise in their eyes.
April 18th, 2005  
slugboy2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
Quote:

NO BODY LIKE DEATH!
Then please explain the use of swords for beheadings and graphic video footage showing it in which the terrorists all cheer? For that matter explain suicide bombers who target women and children? They like death alright. Their sure ticket to paradise in their eyes.

propaganda!!!!!!

Terrorists would never give TV a footage showing their fear, nor a record

showing how much the suicide bombers love their lives!

All what you said are from the propaganda produced

by terrorists themselves!
April 18th, 2005  
A Can of Man

If you negotiate now, you may have saved one person.
But it'll guarantee that MUCH MUCH more lives will be risked in near future.
April 18th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
If you negotiate now, you may have saved one person.
But it'll guarantee that MUCH MUCH more lives will be risked in near future.
I will stick with "sometimes" as my answer, there are some groups you simply cant negotiate with as no matter how much you conceed they will not change however I dont believe you can blanket all groups this way. I think it should be a case by case process.
April 18th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I guess it really depends on what, you do have a very good point.
If they had a nuke in the middle of NYC... it's probably time to break the bank.
April 18th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Mmmmh... well I voted Never before reading the nuke in the NYC example which just made me think that maybe sometimes we should...
Those who mentioned my country here are right: We have a totally different line of attitude towards terrorists. Italy is historically on another track than the anglo-saxon position on this. Not as far as France (their kidnapped citizens enjoy the record of time spent in captivity), because we do mix negotiating andblitzes. The four contractors were actually rescued (actually, the three left plus a Pole. The fourth, Fabrizio Quattrocchi was actually killed instants after famously shouting I'll show you how an Italian dies!- this happened one year ago, on April 14)
After the Italian reporter (the commie) kidnapping there was a big talk about our position. In my view, we should not treat, but I can see how terrible it is.