I need a quote..

--

January 10th, 2004  
Pogue

Topic: I need a quote..

I'm in the US Army, and am getting a tattoo...it's gonna be a cross with a helmet hangin off of the top of the cross, with an M-16 leaning against the cross...the problem is, I need a quote that would suit it..
I was going to use "This We'll Defend", but seeing as how my friend stole it from me, I need a new one.

Edit: I should mention that I'm contracted through ROTC, so I do not have a unit yet, let alone an MOS. I was looking for a generic Army phrase, and not a unit specific (I.E. Airborne All the Way, etc. etc.). thanks
January 10th, 2004  
Acerbus

Hm...toughie there. Since it's something you'll have on you for a looong time.

I've always been partial to 'Who dares, wins.' But that's the motto of the British 22nd SAS so that goes against your requirement of a neutral unit thing.

Any more specific ideas?
January 10th, 2004  
Pogue

I was thinking "Death before Dishonor", but I don't know...damn my friend for taking "This We'll Defend", I had that idea waaaaaaaaay before he did..
--
January 10th, 2004  
Acerbus

How about 'Duty Honor Country'?
January 10th, 2004  
Redneck

Cowboy Up.
Just kidding. How about F.I.D.O.?
January 10th, 2004  
Pogue

actually I was thinking sort of along the lines of that.
Duty, Honor, Courage
January 10th, 2004  
Redneck

When are you commissioning?
January 10th, 2004  
Pogue

2006, but reallistically, 2007. I'm behind a few credits in college, and if I go to Airborne this sumer (GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME) then I'll probably be commissioning in 2007.
January 10th, 2004  
Redneck

Well good luck, might see you in Georgia then.
January 10th, 2004  
Pogue

haha yeah, I actually want to branch Infantry, and get stationed with the 75th Ranger Regiment at Benning