Boots

February 14th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Hey, believe me, I am too.
February 14th, 2005  
Sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
North Korea won't sell nukes to terrorists because if they do, that's it. You can wipe North Korea off the map. It's not a threat, it's not a wish, it's just simply what's going to happen.
it is their last resort...

like if they think no matter wut they do, they gonna get destroyed..they will give nukes to terriosts..

but it seems north korea has been always giving nuke tech to iran and librya right?
February 15th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Yeah... stuff like that.
--
Boots
February 15th, 2005  
SAINT

I think the NK nuclear capability is more threatening to China than to the US.

If NK decides to invade Beijing with nuclear bombs, it takes less than 15 minutes to destroy the capital city. NK has very intricate underground city for its elite (2 million), which will survive a massive retaliation.

Will NK do so? Who knows?

China has often been conquered by much smaller neighboring states in history.. like Mongolia, Manchuria, Japan...

When these smaller states occupy the Chinese capital, other Chinese provinces are just a matter of time.
February 15th, 2005  
Vitaly

This is one scary-ass time we are living in.
February 15th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaly
This is one scary-ass time we are living in.
That's what makes life interesting.
It's funny when it became 2000, people thought the world would become a peaceful heaven just because that front digit changed from 1 to 2.
February 15th, 2005  
Sexybeast

[quote="SAINT"]

China has often been conquered by much smaller neighboring states in history.. like Mongolia, Manchuria, Japan...

[quote]

en....wut is the percentage of time china being conquered by other nations to the time chinese ruling themselves..

by the way, no matter who is the emperor famliy (except japan), they all follow traditional chinese way of ruling china, the same confucism as doctrine, just as the Manchurian emperor speaks out everyday, "manchurians and hans are one family (they even forgot their own lauguage), often, han ppl control the court....

and back to topic..

the only threat china faces when north korea has nukes are that it gives japan and south korea good excuses to develop their own nukes..

as north korea's sole supporter (maybe iran too, i dont know), north is not like to nuke china in maybe 30 years, but it does not take long for Japan and south korea to have nukes if they want to,

they are more like enemies for china than north korea
February 15th, 2005  
WorldWatcher

I read something on cnn and Jane's defense about 3-4 months ago (maybe less) about Japan changing some of their constitution to sell arms to the US. Japan planned on buying Anti-nuclear ballistic missles to help lessen the threat of nukes from NK. I dont know if they bought any yet but the U.S. and Japan are working closely to help defend the area from nuclear attack. I also read about 2-3 days ago that the US is ready to send 40% of our naval forces and 70% of our marine forces into south korea immediatley.Also Condoleeza Rice met with the Chinese foreign minister to urge them to convince NK to stop their ambitions and china seemed willing to do so.She also traveled to SK on monday. Just a little imput.
February 15th, 2005  
A Can of Man

North Korea seems to be getting a little desperate now that China's position on the nuke is becoming more and more clear.
February 15th, 2005  
rOk

Well they are slowly getting cornered...and if Kim doesn't go on an ego trip I think this can be resolved...that said I also think that if an agreement would be made to disarm NK, they would most probably hide some percent of the gear...you know, just in case...